MythBusters

Do you like Mythbusters, do you believe the results?

• No, I don't like the show, Yes i believe the results

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't like the show, No i don't believe the results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hi,
I love MythBusters, the show is funny and factual. I want to know two things, do you like it, and do you believe their results?

I love the program, however they do at times make leaps of opinion when claiming what would have been done in the past with nothing to back up said opinion, and hardly a person but them would agree the leap could be claimed as fact

but I love the program as well

I also love road show

I agree, just today i was watchin arcimedes death ray, and they said it was busted. Although i believe them, they did light a boat on fire using mirrors so there is a shred of truth.

I've seen that one, it's pretty interesting.

I mostly agree with the show and it's findings, though there have been a couple of times that I've scratched my head and said "now wait a minute...". I can't remember the instances as I usually watch this show in bed before falling asleep.

I like it and most of the time I agree with them.

One funny thing I'd like to ask you guys n girls...

They have three results, but I can't remember what the last one is.. Busted, Plausible and... ???

Can someone remind me of it please. :p

Great show! Dunno about some of the things they come up with though! :p

I enjoy it alot but I have a problem with two episodes.

First one, the re-enactment of the American Graffiti cop car tow cable thingy that yanked the axle out from under the vehicle. They used a newer version of cop car with a totally differnt suspension to start with, it doesn't break. Then they go under and cut some sections of suspension but... nope, no snap crackle pop. So they call the idea busted. That early 1960's ford cop car had a simple leaf spring suspension and it is possible to shear the bolts that hold the leafs in place. There are only four bolts total, two on each side (one front of leaf one rear). And the drive shaft. They should have found an old car same vintage of ford as the one in the movie.

Second one, the JATO (Jet-assisted take off) strapped to the car thing. Now the urban legend of it is that some nut job go ahold of a JATO and strapped it to the top of a chevy. Then proceeded to slam into the side of a large hill/smallish mountain. This was a Darwin Award winner a few years back. Now these brainiacs couldn't procure one (Air Force wouldn't give one up :p) so they go and get model rocket engines instead to duplcate the JATO. Now one JATO produces 1,000 pounds of thrust for 12-15 seconds. That's a whole lot of push. Needles to say they couldn't duplicate this legend. Now there are documented stroies of others using JATOs with cars. But not with the grand results of spattering themselves on a mountain side. :p

[edit] Oooo, I found a link to the story and the MythBusters thing.

http://www.mythbustersfanclub.com/html/jet_assit.html

If a myth is something that no one really knows is true, then would it still be a myth is the myth is confirmed? lol :p

The actual myth, yes. Their re-enactment of said myth, no. :D

love the show, one of my favorite shows, i have many episodes downloaded, and then i started watching this british show called brainiac, its good and funny, has richard hammond from top gear, but the annoying thing is they copy a lot of this from mythbusters. things that i can remember are the poppy seeds making you fail a drug test (which is true, two poppy seed bagels will make you fail), the cell phone at the pump, brown noise, thats all i can remember but im sure there were more

ohh one thing that i think they should retest is the suction pull of a sinking ship, as it was proved that it does happen when an egyptian ship sank sometime in 2005 or 2006 not too sure, and lots of people went down with it

Kush said:
ohh one thing that i think they should retest is the suction pull of a sinking ship, as it was proved that it does happen when an egyptian ship sank sometime in 2005 or 2006 not too sure, and lots of people went down with it
I agree, they did the test with a much smaller ship, it makes perfect sense with a bigger one.

I think lots of people on that ship didnt know how to swim, this is why there was a massive loss lof life

"I saw a couple embracing their baby before jumping in the water. They didn't know how to swim," said Saud Habib el-Hotebi. "I saw women, children... all these people are dead," the young Saudi told AFP.

Last edited:
But thats only one aspect. The ship wouldnt pull them to their grave, only maybe 10-20 feet below.
I suppose if you dont know how to swim, 20 feet below water, you'd be pretty scewed

I like it, I loved the one where they used a stick of dynamite to break concret from the back of a cement truck, but had too much contret so they packed it full of explosives and where left with no truck. That explosion was awsome.

Yah, that was their best explosion yet,
completely awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back