Mysterious folder will not delete!

R

rraawwhh

I've got a mysterious folder called XEROX in my program files directory and it is completely empty. It is 0 bytes big and there is a subdirectory that is also 0 bytes big - and I can't delete it. I get the cannot delete files are being used by another person or program error. I am logged off of all other users no programs are running and I can't think of anything that would reference this directory. Anyone know why I can't delete this stupid thing?

I had the same problem myself.

I did a bit of research the only official mention of this is on the Japanese Microsoft Support Page.

Here is the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/JAPAN/support/kb/articles/j070/0/25.asp

you can run that link through babelfish to translate it. http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Here is pretty much what it says.

< In > \xerox\nwwia folder of systemdrive \Program Files subordinate being attached
Last date updated: 2002/01/31
Document number: J070025

Being something which is described concerning the product below it does this data.

Microsoft (R) Windows XP Home Edition

Microsoft (R) Windows XP Professional

Phenomenon
When the Windows XP is installed, < > the \xerox\nwwia folder is drawn up to the systemdrive \Program Files subordinate.

Circumstance
This operation is specification of Windows XP.

Details
The \xerox\nwwia folder from the XEROX Corporation way the WIA which is offered (the WindowsImage Acquisition) is prepared in order to utilize the ƒlƒbƒgƒ??[ƒNƒXƒLƒƒƒi of correspondence.
In addition, because it is the folder which is protected by the system, it is not possible to delete.

Somethings just do not translate very well.

I also have the XEROX folder!
If you check the date, you can see it's installed at the same time as XP.
So, i think it supposed to be there, but why, i don't know!

try using the RMdir command from a prompt. ie 'rmdir "xerox" /s' worked for a few of my directories

You can also use Safe Mode and delete that dir. simply and easy , or what the "before me " said .

*sigh* for the love of god people...the directory has nothing in it...it's a system directory...leave it alone

The Xerox folder is used by Windows Image Acquisition (scanners, some slide show programs, Webcams)

just leave it alone...windows most of the time ends up recreating it anyway....

And I thought this was the "Tips and Tweaks" section. Had I known it was the "Leave it alone and Don't touch" section, I wouldn't have looked inside.

This link will help you to permanently remove those folders:-
ClickMe

I remember hearing from somewhere someone saying.

Why did you climb that mountain... because it was there.

I just hate the idea I can not delete a file in my computer. Heck I can delete system files that will corrupt my installation but I cant delete a 0 byte file.

Maybe this is a backdoor program the NSA uses to get into our computer :p hehe.

This file can be deleted in safe mode but windows will just recreates it later. Oh well just a nuisance I guess.

heh heh, thanks guys at least now I know how to delete it - even though the stupid thing finds itself back on my computer by itself.

I wonder if I could set up some sort of script to delete that folder everytime it gets created. Heh heh.

rraawwhh,
if you follow my link it will remove those folders permanently

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back