Mysterious blank driver update at Windows Update

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I went to the Windows Update site today because I keep getting blue screens about tdi.sys, win32k.sys, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and stuff, and I tried switching out my nForce drivers, network card drivers, even tried a different network card, graphics drivers, but still same crap. I use ABC and it tends to eat up a good few hundred megs of RAM and crash sometimes. Maybe it is the root of my problems, I don't know. Anyway, the Windows Update site says there is 1 driver update available. I click it and it just says "Download size: 133 KB, < 1 minute" with absolutely no further information.

What the hell is it?

usually random STOP errors are bad RAM. Try running memtest86, and swapping DIMMs and see if they stop.

I submitted an error report to Microsoft about it, and they say it is being caused by CD Recording Engine made by Simpli Software (simplisoftware.com). I downloaded their uninstaller and removed their driver, but I still get blue screens and it still says it's being caused by their damned AFS CD Recording Engine. I suspect it came with my HP Scanjet 5550c software, but not sure. I only use Nero for CD burning.

maybe try cleaning your registry and make sure anything associated with that program is totaly removed

Hmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes: I wonder?

it was down yesterday :eek: :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back