Mysterious blank driver update at Windows Update

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I went to the Windows Update site today because I keep getting blue screens about tdi.sys, win32k.sys, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and stuff, and I tried switching out my nForce drivers, network card drivers, even tried a different network card, graphics drivers, but still same crap. I use ABC and it tends to eat up a good few hundred megs of RAM and crash sometimes. Maybe it is the root of my problems, I don't know. Anyway, the Windows Update site says there is 1 driver update available. I click it and it just says "Download size: 133 KB, < 1 minute" with absolutely no further information.

What the hell is it?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
usually random STOP errors are bad RAM. Try running memtest86, and swapping DIMMs and see if they stop.

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I submitted an error report to Microsoft about it, and they say it is being caused by CD Recording Engine made by Simpli Software (simplisoftware.com). I downloaded their uninstaller and removed their driver, but I still get blue screens and it still says it's being caused by their damned AFS CD Recording Engine. I suspect it came with my HP Scanjet 5550c software, but not sure. I only use Nero for CD burning.

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
maybe try cleaning your registry and make sure anything associated with that program is totaly removed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut