myIE 2 Problem

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
ok so when I go into my college's email when I want to compose a new email it opens a new page. myIE2 looks at this as if it were a pop up. I went into the filter properties and I can't put in the right address to get it to work. There is nothing I can do to get it to work and I've looked through all the options and everytihng. I've even tried to hold shift, Ctrl and Alt to open it and it still won't work...please help because I hate having to close and open IE6 to look at just one webiste...please help

I don't mean new page I mean a pop up page to compose a new email

What you do is go to "set up center" the tab to it is located in "Ad Hunter" when you get there select "pop up filter" and select the exceptions tab at the top and put the url in there with Http:// .. It should work then ..

As far as key shortcuts there are non "yet" ,, I am hoping they incorporate that soon, as well as a spell checker ..

This is a bit off topic but I'd like to mention that I started using MyIE2 a few days ago and I'm liking it so far, more so than mozilla/firebird/opera.

Originally posted by Kr0m
This is a bit off topic but I'd like to mention that I started using MyIE2 a few days ago and I'm liking it so far, more so than mozilla/firebird/opera.

It is nice is'nt it ?? I like it alot ,, I love IE but don't want to use IE - this makes it the best of both worlds :)

At the bottom of the browser right click the trash can and you can enable/disable the ad filters easily. Left click to see what links are getting blocked.

Agreed. Click the trash can to reopen blocked links and choose whether they should be blocked in the future.

It still won't work, I've put everything I can into the pop up filter and it still won't work...I'll keep trying everything

ok well I've tried everything...so far in Avant and myIE2 I can't even look at my college email in either but everything else with the browser works great. I'm up for any suggestions before I just keep going to IE6 to look at my college email

err you're not supposed to put things in the ad filter. just turn it off.

Originally posted by Tuffgong4
It still won't work, I've put everything I can into the pop up filter and it still won't work...I'll keep trying everything

You don't put things into the pop-up filter - you put the url in the exceptions filter ,,, then it will work .. otherwise you will need to disable the pop-up filter ..

I like MyIE2, I've been using it for a long time, but it's AdHunter constantly blocks pages that aren't pop-ups. I hope a newer version makes the popup blocking a bit smarter, and a bit easier to configure. I find myself just turning it off entirely when it just refuses to stop blocking legitimate pages.

sorry that is what I meant. I put everything into the exceptions list and the page still won't work. it's pretty much what vern is saying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back