My Website!

The link had a period at the end, All fixed now ;)
The site doesn't load in Mozilla though, I suggest you take a look here :)

I've designed the site for Internet Explorer dude... So, just not getting along the other ones.

Hmm... By the way, you didn't sign the guestbook!

How can I sign the guestbook if I can't see the site? :)

Not everyone cares to use IE. And while Mozilla may not be perfect, some people prefer that. No changing their mind. And many are to the point that if you can't bother to make a page that is standard, then they'll not bother to visit. Not trying to be mean, but it's true.

-Ryandor

This is very true, while I could use IE, I refuse to, as Mozilla is my (compliant!) browser of choice, if i was using Linux/BSD I wouldn't have the option of IE at all.
This is why more sites need to be compliant. A compliant site can be viewed in any browser.

Re: IE

Originally posted by Ishwon
Use Internet Explorer...

What if it's uninstalled? :blink:

I've got it running, but like Speedy, I refuse to use it.

Why must I have MS's product to view someone's website? That's silly.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
So is IE, telnet to port 80 I say!
when mozilla starts being nice to IE stylesheets, i'm switching to mozilla.

errr, wtf is an IE stylesheet?
CSS stylesheets follow a set or regulations set by w3, any compliant and valid sheet will be read perfectly by Mozilla, because it's a compliant browser. The same goes for any (x)HTML code.

bleh, CSS (if compliant) works fine in all browsers, thats true.
still tho , i'm to lazy to make my site wc3 compliant, so i'll just ***** about mozilla and use IE.

Personally, I don't even think it's about being compliant. Any decent website should be at least renderable in any browser.

NTFS.org is a good example. Sure that "logo bar" on top don't line up correctly on the main page, but at least I can see it and I can see the intended effect. But when a site "requires" a particular browser and don't even load at all, I think there's a problem.

It's not about standards to me, it's about me being able to choose what program I use for what. It's not my lose that your page isn't viewable to me.

Even the Microsoft.com website is usable in Mozilla.

-Ryandor

You're right Ryandor, but without testing your code in all browsers you don't know that its going to work, which is why compliancy is important, Obviously not essential, but important.

Ishwon : Benny isn't right, he's lazy :p

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Ishwon : Benny isn't right, he's lazy :p

Right and Lazy are pretty much the same thing if it concerns me, but sense your so hard working SB, I'm going to make you all happy by allowing you to help me :p

I think i'll post some questions on X-Istence.com , cuz i really don't understand why the damn thing tells me there is no HREF and WIDTH...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back