My Website!

Well, I happen to use IE. Don't care to argue with anyone about why. To each thier own...

Anyways. If the guy doesn't want to make his website viewable by all then it's his loss. I can't imagine that there an a aweful lot of people that will be going there anyways.

I used to run a DVE site and was getting 75,000+ hits a month and pushing over 30GB. I ran into some issues in the beginning with my site not being completely friendly to every browser, but I made the changes necessary for it to be. It wasn't hard to do. Yes, IE is the widest used browser, but what about the other 30% of people? An important part of programming ANYTHING, webpages included, is making sure that just about everyone can use it. Take a minute and make the changes, or don't... I won't lose any sleep over it. I will probably never go to the site again because it contains very little, if any content. Good luck though...

Re: Benny is right!

Originally posted by Ishwon
Benny Is Right!

Benny has his head up his Cow's ass.

But in order to have a large viewing audiance you MUST... I repeate MUST have a web site that can be viewed in all browsers. It doesn't matter if it's Idiot Exploder or Opera, Netscape or My One and Only, MOZILLA. The fact is if your site, even if it is not W3C compliant, which yours is not, can not be seen by others that use other browsers then you are cutting yourself off at the knees in terms of people visiting your site.

Now let's say for argument sake that person No.1 is surfin the net at the moment with Opera. He drops in on your site and they can not see it, they do use IE but today they are not. Do you think that they will come back and try again??? NO, people get impatient with web sites if they do not load quickly or they can not see the contents. It won't matter that they can come back using IE to view your site.

That is the point here, not that IE or Mozilla is better than the other.

My web site (actually my work's site, but I made it) is W3C compliant. It's not the prettiest nor does it have the newest tricks and things, but it functions. And it can be viewed by all browsers.

my work's web site

Make your site visible to all and you will get lots and lots of visiters.

haha, c0w. ahem :p

Nice site there gonaads, I likes the buttons, very stylish! and a crafty plug for NTFS, niiice ;)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
haha, c0w. ahem :p

Nice site there gonaads, I likes the buttons, very stylish! and a crafty plug for NTFS, niiice ;)

Thank you sir... I still wanna do the mouse overs on da buttons. But I wanna do them soz they get darker on mouseover then back to original when removed. :happy:

Since the bottom of da buttons are darker than the top half, soooo darken to lower half then back.

BLEH, BLEH YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

My site is now HTML 4.1 Transitional... and i need to recode it all because of that.... ****ing Mozilla users.

Gonaads, good idea :)

Benny, Not only Mozilla users, but anyone using a compliant browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back