my story about aol

last time i got this thing . works fine. i dont really think that brand really matter, becaue u r not gona be using those cds for hundreds of years. maybe couple. and for that time those cds will defenantly work

a lil off topic, but it's somewhat relevant:

my primary master is an 80GB drive; my c:\ drive is a 10GB partition. i've got 5 other partitions made from this primary master (6 total; OS on the 10GB, various other things on the other partitions). if i use ghost to recover from a catasrophe, it will wipe ALL the partitions to their backed-up state, correct? so any files that have been downloaded to partitions 2-6 that were not there when the ghost image was made will be lost, correct?

someone told me that this is different with Drive Image, that it only re-images the partition that was imaged, i.e. if i use Ghost, it'll take an image of my entire drive (all partitions) versus Drive Image, which will allow you to image a single partition and recover that single partition, allowing you to keep all the "new" data on the other partitions. is that correct?

Yes Drive Image allows you to take an Image of a single partition.

:cool:

jawshoouh - From what I am reading in Help for Drive Image 2002, you can select which partition(s) you want to image, and you can also select which partition(s) you want to restore.

Like I said - that's according to Help - I just recently purchased the program and so far I have only imaged my entire drive - as I am undecided if I want to partition my 80 GB drive or not.

I am sorta caught between a rock and a hard spot - with an HP and the "hidden recovery partition" - I do not have the XP Home cd so I cannot just "reinstall the OS" - with the recovery partition or the "recovery cd set" I purchased from HP - you have to do a total reformat. So partitions to me are questionable!

I am sorry - I know nothing about Ghost - so someoine else will have to answer how that works!

Originally posted by damnyank
Okay, I was slow looking it up!!!!

:D :D

Huh? you saying it took u 8 minutes to type all that? LOL

teasing

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back