my site

looks quite nice, I would try to style your links and lists a bit though

I quite like the default links, too many people CSS their links, sometimes it ends up where you can't tell the links from the text.

Other than that, looks good, except maybe the top graphic doesn't fit in? bit too much of a contrast from the rest of the page.

I myself use default links type, but maybe white background is too white... that's what I would change fot it to be more sweet looking...

I'm really glad you all like my site. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll try to experiment with it a bit and see if I end up with something better. Do you have some more specific ideas on how I can change the links, HW and Geffy?

Keep on sending feedback... I'm waiting.

in your CSS file put

a:link, a:visited, a:active {
/* css style for links goes in here */
}
a:hover {
/* mouse hover styling over links goes here */
}

Thanks, I'll give it a shot but as SPeedY_B said, default is sometimes the best choice.

looks like you have moved the lists over to the side more, that looks great now, yeah I like the default links as well, but sometimes like like them with a bit of styling on the a:hover so people can tell when they are over a certain link.

I only suggested that you change the background color, for white is too much white and it is not very good for the eyes when you read it on a large monitor/high res. (mine is 19" at 1280*1024*32*85). A light pastel background color would be a great, health wise.
As for the links, their appearance, people like Geffy, Khayman or SPeedY_B,..., are much more advanced than I am in this area ;)

Well, as long as it is uniform, working links, don't give people the impression that you took 5 minutes to do it, has no stupid sounds or flash animations, easy to navigate, loads very quick @33.6 k, (yes people do still have this speed, upto 6 months ago I had 18-22k) and is very informative, then you should do o.k.

It's a 7/10 :) background, pale colours, lemon, blue, light green etc.....

I hate to sorta chuck this at you, but really using FrontPage for web design is only slightly better than using Word for web design. Though you have designed one of the nicer looking sites I have ever seen come out of FrontPage.
Also you might want to take a look at this, Validation as you have xmlns and xml:lang in your html opening tag I think you are probably using XHTML so you need to add an XHTML doctype at the top of your page and also fix any errors which are shown by the validator
Check out the other parts of W3 Schools to learn more about the actual HTML or XHTML source code, so you can a bit more dirty with the code and the design of the site

I've done some more changes, see and tell me if it's better now.
BTW, I'm really happy. Almost 100 hits from the first day! I just hope most of them return back.

Originally posted by Geffy
Also you might want to take a look at this, Validation as you have xmlns and xml:lang in your html opening tag I think you are probably using XHTML so you need to add an XHTML doctype at the top of your page and also fix any errors which are shown by the validator

Please excuse me, but I didn't get any of this :confused: . I'm not a pro web developer. In fact I'm a 15-year-old student. Surprised? I really am. But I'm in love with tech and computers :D and that's why I decided to build the site and write my own articles in it. I'd appreciate it if you can explain a bit more, what you mean by validator.

I think I'm starting to understand. Thanks!
So is this docotype thing very important?

It's the bane of my life.
I did it once, but have added code since that breaks it, but its just sooo annoying :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back