my site

yep, doctype thing is very important
you may be young but its better to learn the good practices from the beginning instead of having to try and unlearn the bad ones later ;)

hotmale said:
I've done some more changes, see and tell me if it's better now.
BTW, I'm really happy. Almost 100 hits from the first day! I just hope most of them return back.
Hey, the colors are much better now (my opinion, still...), but may I suggest another thing ? Blue links on a blue background (eventhough is it not the same blue (of course ;) )) isn't a very happy choice... I would change the default color of links, or find an even more pale blue for background (such as #00CCFF, #33CCFF or #66CCFF ...)...

Can you tell me Geffy, the exact code I have to add for the doctype? That would really help.

HW, I don't know what I'm going to settle for. I think the links are quite visible right now. But think of my site as if it's in beta version; I'll keep on changing till everything's almost perfect.

hotmale said:
Can you tell me Geffy, the exact code I have to add for the doctype? That would really help.

HW, I don't know what I'm going to settle for. I think the links are quite visible right now. But think of my site as if it's in beta version; I'll keep on changing till everything's almost perfect.
put this at the very top (first line) of your html file

PHP:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

check the w3c html validator, and let it tell you ;)

I've added doctype, meta tags, hover effect for links, changed scroll bar colour, changed horizontal lines? Tell me if it's better or not.

Is it in any way dishonest if I place keywords after some of my articles? For example, I wrote one called Get Rid of Windows XP Frills, but someone looking for it in a search engine would most probably type “uninstall Windows Messenger”, “delete WordPad”… so I place keywords that I think someone searching for that topic would use. I also turn the keywords into very small font and the same colour as the background not because I want to hide them but to keep it looking tidy. I don’t feel it’s dishonest at all, but I was just wondering if someone would find out and consider it manipulation…

most search engines troll actual content and dont use meta keywords anymore.

I have done very major changes to my site and I’m really proud of the outcome. If you didn’t like my site just because of the appearance, please have a look again. You might change your mind.

BTW, I’m still welcoming feedback, affiliates (exchanging links) and any help to spread the word about my site.

Good day!

Geffy, I'm very happy you liked it. Please come back to The Geek Hangout.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back