my site

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
Hi, im sorry if you guys got mad for me downloading geffys and o 87s sites but my intention was just to take it and see how they did it and all the little codes for tables and his java for the date. i was just gonna take it and change the background and color and all the buttons so it would basically be unique and diff looking. I just did it to see how they customized the table. anyway!!! Can someone tell why the GIF isn't working aand could you also tell me if the background music runs alright (even on 56k and broandbands)

http://tutlewax88.zer0host.com/index.html

its kinda choppy when the cursor is over it and moves...does any1 know if there is a way to make it better?

rather than ask a question about every little problem you encounter maybe you should read up on html first and learn about it. Try this W3C

the front page looks fine, but you'll want to change your file extension for it to .html, the page itself has a .htm extension

I dont like flash, and i dont see the flash, also the background music does not play on Mozilla FireFox, if it is part of the flash, then my bad, if it is not, it still wont play.

I dont see any GIF's, so i have no clue what you are talking about.

The gif on the front page works for me. I'm not really into the cool mouseover thing and if your website plays music without a button/link to stop it, you will make people very irritated...okay. me, if I hear it, which I don't.

:p

Music doesn't belong on a web-site. Most people already have some form of sound (be it a TV/Radio/mp3) playing whilst surfing the net, they don't need that rudely interrupted via web-sites.

I agree with Speedy,I just leave a site if it has music or sounds playin :mad:

I have admuncher strip embeded sounds/music from sites which just leaves flash sites with music but most let me turn it off, yours didnt.

you also have to remember that most people not on broadband dont apprecieate downloading useless chaff that some kid thought would be cool.

I doubt Cartoon Network woudl be too happy with you using their imagery on your site either...

All that aside your best way to learn is to read the w3c guidlines and figure it out on your own and only asking for help when you really cant figure it out.

Mark

k you can turn off the sound btw, on the flash and html. theres a little button. but anyway no1s helped me with the GIF. the GIF is located in the robot DJ picture and its not working.

you talkin about the animated scrolling bit?? cause it works here

Maybe it's just me, but the image at the top of the page, along with the bar and "now playing" are not centered on the page. Using Firefox, it's noticeable enough to bother me... kinda like a picture hanging crooked on a wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back