My Rugby Season Is...Over

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Some of you that know me a bit better know that I was really looking forward to this season. Well I received a nasty injury a couple days ago. The other team were 5 yards from our try line, I went in straight to tackle the guy to stop him, and a second later a guy on my team decides he wants to get in on the action from the side.

Well I get knocked back and all and all this blood coming out of my nose. My head was spinning and when my coach comes up to see me, he says "You're gonna need stitches". I was like "Hmm, fine, can't be too bad."

Then I felt my front two teeth. They had been pushed back almost into the roof of my mouth, but they hadn't fallen out. I was still bleeding like crazy so they gave me some kind of cloth to stop the bleeding.

I asked the trainer if I could go look at the injury in the change room. She made a funny face and said "Okay, but if you take someone with you." So I go look in the mirror...and damn!

My upper lip had been torn apart into two. Imagine taking a scissor and completely cutting open your upper lip from the middle. That's what I looked like. And my teeth didn't look very pretty either.

3 hours of waiting at the hospital, and they finally call me in to stitch up my lip. Then another 2 hours before I saw the oral surgeon. He had to give me about 10 shots to numb out my mouth enough. He would literally wrestle back my teeth about half a centimeter back and then it would hurt more so he would give me another two shots of anasthesia. Eventually I couldn't even feel my nose.

Yeah it wasn't very pleasant. So the stiches come out in 4 more days, and the teeth are going to take atleast 6 weeks to stabilize. Then who knows how many more weeks of Orthodontist work to get them all pretty again.

So I might not be on the next few days :p

Last edited:
Holy **** dude! Hope you're feeling better soon :/

Grandmaster said:
Some of you that know me a bit better know that I was really looking forward to this season. Well I received a nasty injury a couple days ago. The other team were 5 yards from our try line, I went in straight to tackle the guy to stop him, and a second later a guy on my team decides he wants to get in on the action from the side.

Well I get knocked back and all and all this blood coming out of my nose. My head was spinning and when my coach comes up to see me, he says "You're gonna need stitches". I was like "Hmm, fine, can't be too bad."

Then I felt my front two teeth. They had been pushed back almost into the roof of my mouth, but they hadn't fallen out. I was still bleeding like crazy so they gave me some kind of cloth to stop the bleeding.

I asked the trainer if I could go look at the injury in the change room. She made a funny face and said "Okay, but if you take someone with you." So I go look in the mirror...and damn!

My upper lip had been torn apart into two. Imagine taking a scissor and completely cutting open your upper lip from the middle. That's what I looked like. And my teeth didn't look very pretty either.

3 hours of waiting at the hospital, and they finally call me in to stitch up my lip. Then another 2 hours before I saw the oral surgeon. He had to give me about 10 shots to numb out my mouth enough. He would literally wrestle back my teeth about half a centimeter back and then it would hurt more so he would give me another two shots of anasthesia. Eventually I couldn't even feel my nose.

Yeah it wasn't very pleasant. So the stiches come out in 4 more days, and the teeth are going to take atleast 6 weeks to stabilize. Then who knows how many more weeks of Orthodontist work to get them all pretty again.

So I might not be on the next few days :p

Your season is over from just those injuries.

Why did you not have a gumsheild?

Lee said:
Your season is over from just those injuries.

Why did you not have a gumsheild?

See that's what pisses me off the most...I had a mouthguard in! I have this nasty injury with a ****ing mouthguard in! It's not any plain injury dude.

I forgot to mention this, but my teeth aren't broken. It's the bone in the gum that holds the teeth in place. That stuff is pretty badly damaged, so therefore it's a lot more complicated to heal properly, and fix.

Damn d00d that's fuucked up. :( I haven't done something like that since I was 8 years old (did a two point landing with my mouth on concrete, blew out two teeth and ripped open me lip).

If ya got a Girl friend, be careful. If ya make her mad she might slap ya and that would be a problem. :D

All joking aside, Hope it all heals up well and there's no noticable scaring.

wow, my rugby career effectively ended when I fractured and discollated by elbow :eek:

I used to play Union before the game turned pro, Blackheath was the team and ground I played at.

Well anyway, I had my shield fitted by my Dentist, she made a mould of my teeth and mouth structure then had 4 made up for me.

I will be honest I did lose a couple of back teeth fighting on the field, got some nice Gold ones now!

Ahh the good old days............:D

Wow! Thats a crazy story dude. I hope you feel better soon and they can get everything back to normal ASAP.

* And I thought going to the dentist yesterday sucked. :(

my rugby days where over when i started work full time, right after i f00ked my back up as prop :eek:

got pics? :D

holysh*t dude. Im sorry i hope they gave you some painkillers at least.

Keep us informed.

Damn! That sounds horrible dude. :eek:
Hope you get better soon. None of the damage is permanent, is it? Everything going to be okay?

Man, just reading your post is making me cringe... :(

Also, I found out that there was a scout from Team Alberta at the game. And three guys from my team made the provincial team...and I KNOW if I didn't get injured in the first 10 minutes I would have made it too. Argh! :mad:

gonaads said:
Damn d00d that's fuucked up. I haven't done something like that since I was 8 years old (did a two point landing with my mouth on concrete, blew out two teeth and ripped open me lip).

If ya got a Girl friend, be careful. If ya make her mad she might slap ya and that would be a problem. :D

All joking aside, Hope it all heals up well and there's no noticable scaring.

Fortunately, I don't have one at the moment :p Thanks, but there probably will be some scaring...

Electronic Punk said:
wow, my rugby career effectively ended when I fractured and discollated by elbow

Hehe, that sounds worse than mine :p

Xie said:
Wow! Thats a crazy story dude. I hope you feel better soon and they can get everything back to normal ASAP.

* And I thought going to the dentist yesterday sucked.

My troubles aren't over yet :p We don't know if the nerves and blood vessels going into my teeth have survived. In a couple weeks I have to go back and get my teeth checked again. If they are dead, I have having two root canals done. Fun :speechless:

Henyman said:
my rugby days where over when i started work full time, right after i f00ked my back up as prop :eek:

got pics?

I'd rather not :lick:

NetRyder said:
Damn! That sounds horrible dude.
Hope you get better soon. None of the damage is permanent, is it? Everything going to be okay?

Man, just reading your post is making me cringe...

There is most likely going to be scarring on my lip, it can be fixed though. And I don't know about my teeth, but they can be fixed to where they where before the accident. Depends if things go my way.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm about to doze off again, on lots of painkillers :yowch:

sorry mate, hope it all works out for you...you've have got a lot going for you atleast! smart as a whip, excellent design skills, good looks...i'm jealous, cept i got you beat on da teeth!

Thanks again everybody!

wind3D said:
sorry mate, hope it all works out for you...you've have got a lot going for you atleast! smart as a whip, excellent design skills, good looks...i'm jealous, cept i got you beat on da teeth!

You sir, are embarassing me with all those compliments. :p Thank you.

I was gonna do a little pun about zipped lips, but I would have to kick my own ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back