• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Recycle Bin

M

Mr. Sushi

I would like to know how to remove the recycle bin shortcut off by desktop? If that's possible? I mean where is it actually in my HD or does it reside on my desktop?! I know you guyz make think i'm weird but i would just like a answer. help will be appreciated, thanks.

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
I use Tweakui for XP..... Try and search for 'Powertoys for XP' There you can remove it from the desktop... I ain't never heard of another way....

go into the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mircosoft\windows\current verison\explorer\desktop\name space

and then look in there for one that says recycle bin and delete the entire key. The changes take effect immeaditly just refresh your desktop

M

Mr. Sushi

is there any way i can just disable it? or take it off and have the option of putting it back?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Yes , u can select an aoption : Remove files without putting them into Recycle bin . With reg. keys u can disable it but not enable it then .

TweakUI is one of the PowerToys made by M$.
What you need to get is TweakUI for Windows XP

You can follow this link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

It will basically allow you to customize your OS without venturing into the registry.
Some changes (those that modify anything under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the registry) will affect all users, while others (that make changes to HKEY_CURRENT_USER) will only affect your user account.

Good luck! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies