My Pictures/Music

P

Pyr0

I was wondering if it's possible to have the My Pictures and My Music and My Documents point to another location. The reason being is that I have different partitions for different items. I have a 5GB partition for WindowsXP which is small and I need to re-partition and I have other patitions for Documents, Music, Pictures.

yuppers, you can manually edit the reg keys or you can just use TweakUI, TweakXP, X-setup or any of the other XP tweakers, almost all have the option to do it :)

bah. no reg hack needed. just right-click My Documents and hit Properties. then the Move button. and when you go to hit OK it will ask to move all the files for you. I do the same thing...I have a seperate partition for all my docs and downloads.

Now since this seems like the appropriate topic, does anyone know how to stop Windows for show all the files in the My Pictures folder in the wallpaper selection list?? I have 100+ picture files and it's getting very annoying.

Thanks but that only solved it but brough up another problem. I can't change My Music to a different partition let alone another folder...anyway around this? I couldn't find an option in TweakUI that came with Powertoys to do this BTW.

Outback2k1, you'll need to move the my pictures folder out of my documents for it to not show up in the wallpaper section.

Pyr0, if Qumahlin's suggestion didn't help, the only thing I can think of is to create a new folder and abandon the default one.

Originally posted by Pyr0
Thanks but that only solved it but brough up another problem. I can't change My Music to a different partition let alone another folder...anyway around this? I couldn't find an option in TweakUI that came with Powertoys to do this BTW.

Odd...it worked fine for me.

You could try X-Setup for that. It has a plug-in that can change all the default folders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back