My own online data backup service question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

I was thinking about starting this up for my existing clients. Where their servers connect to my servers and their data backs up onto my servers encryptically, on schedule. Two of my clients have expressed interest in using this service.

My question is: What tools do I need to make this work? I would need something that would install on thier end to run the schedule and connect to my server, and build up the database to send to me, I guess overwriting the existing backup they have.

And on my end, I would need to figure out how to encrypt the data so no one has access to it here.

I would really be interested in setting this thing up. A google search turned up a few of these services online on a per month fee.

Any got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

FTP, SFTP, Rsync, NFS, SFS, HTTPS WebDav

it all really depends on the backup software you are using which fits the best.

If this was left up to you, what would you put together for a clientside and then for your side?

Just trying to get some ideas.

Both ends would be using Windows XP or Win2003

Thanks again,

Heeter

Last edited:
acronis true image server can do this, i remotley backup many clients data's this way on schedule either files only, or full/incremental images... only bad point is as far as i can see is it doesnt support SSL/TLS ftp servers..

but you can get around this using stunnel

so clientside, raidenftpd (amazing secure ftp with remote admin functions)
serverside - acronis true image server & stunnel & truecrypt

Wow, Thanks _kC_

Will look into that right away. Acronis does incremental too!!!! Thanks, for the heads up.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back