My opinion about the right banner on the frontpage

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I think the new banner on the frontpage (located at the right of the newsposts) is distracting. The frontpage is dark and the banner is bright-white, I don't like that. I personally don't like banners that are always visible (the banner at the top can be 'scrolled away'), but that's your way of making money, and I respect that. But if it's possible, I ask you to make the banner equally dark (or at least darker) in such a way that is won't be distracting.
I'd like to see other people opinions about this.

The "banner" is actually an iFrame to the sponsors page.
Sponsors wish for their advertisments to be prominent on the page else they'd never get noticed and their money would be wasted.

Admitedly, our page design doesn't really give much leniance for allowing a vertical advertisment, which is why you may see it moving around at the moment, as EP and Ste...Waddy are trying to find a good placement for it.

Yeah, both banners are dynamic... It has been a new request of our new 64 minute old advertisers, I promise tho, we will NEVER EVER have popups.

pop-ups are blocked anyway :)

Adverts, fine by me, I click them on virtually every site I visit (that I like anyway :p ) but pop-ups are just annoying.

eeeek banner + advert overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also it's making me scroll sideways :(

also when i click the main banner dam is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this is on t3 btw ;)

i dont mind the top advertisement... just that side advert seems out of place.. but i see your working on that so i wont moan :D

Besides, what happened to the Crucial adverts? :confused:

I hate that side bar thing with AOL etc, looks pretty awful :(

Skazzy

I don't really mind it. It is helping this site out, so I won't complain.

Yeah, crucial helped, but these new ones are helping more.. simple as that really ;)
Unless you want to pay for the site out of your pocket (Like waddy is doing now) then unfortunately you will have to put up with adverts, that's just the way it is :(

And Heny, change res you wierdo :p

bleh it was fine before...............

fair enough :p

Im sure ill be happy with these new advertisments if it helps NTFS more :)

:D

i think the one @ the top is fine but the one on the side is terriable

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back