my night with bill gates

theevilsithlord

Hail to the King, Baby!
well, it wasnt really just me, but hes doing a tour of college campuses including harvard, illinois, carnegie-mellon, mit, and cornell, and i happened to catch him here at illinois. He had an interesting lecture, showing off some new toys with a few good jokes. He talked about how his 7 yr old girl woke him and his wife up because she thought that she won money online.... but it was just a pop up ad. He told her "honey we dont need any more money." I like the fact that he can joke about the amount of money he has and the fact that he was a college dropout. Of course, outside the lecture there was a linux penguin and people handing out copies of linux (Knoppix particularly) and saying "o ya, its way better than windows". Overall it was a fun experience, and i hope he cranks out some more innovations to better the industry.

Right on! It's not every day you get to meet a household name.
:D

I would have drove down to good ol wright and green to see him slang some FUD.

As I am TheEvilSithLord's roommate I also attended the lecture. It was a good lecture...he went over the history of computing and talked about the different avenues (in computer science) that the U.S. will have to concentrate in to stay on the edge and continue its dominance in the world arena. He made key points while discussing speech recognition software, ink to pc software (tablet PCs), and Media and Entertainment (he showed off a new portable video player) to name a few. He stressed that actual coding is not the only area we need to concentrate in, but that we need people who are adept in computer science and also in other fields such as medicine, business etc. After the lecture he took a couple questions. The usual stuff you would expect from a Linux user, and questions about the future of technology.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back