My new toy

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Well.... as you may or may not know/remember.... last x-mas i got a Gmini 402 PMP. well.... this year... among other things, such as a new computer chair which i LOVE..... i got the new Archos 604 WiFi! i'll tell you what.... it's just crazy. i haven't gotten the chance to use it yet... it says to let it charge for at least 2 hours for the initial charge, but just picking it up out of the box it was in.... wow. It's not the LIGHTEST player in history.... but boy is it pretty as hell. I took the liberty of taking 3 pics for now.... the initial box shot, then the open box with some of the stuff it came with laying around it (minus the headphones and crappy little stand it came with.... those aren't important), then a picture of the screen on when i first hooked it up to charge. it's kinda hard to get a good picture of it at the moment with the screen on. i'll try getting a better pic of that later, but here are these first three for now. also didn't help that my camera battery was near dead.

if anyone has any questions about it.... any at all... feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help with information about what could quite easily be an iPod killer except for the slightly high price tag it has. And in case you may have been wondering, there are a few different versions of the new series of players, from the 404 to the 604. they have the Archos 404 and 404 Camcorder, then the 504 which has a Hard drive capacity of i believe 40, 80, or 160GB, and they have the 604 which sadly is limited to 30GB, and the 604 WiFi which is also limited to 30GB. i'm kinda hoping that there'll be a way to crack the thing open in the future to upgrade the hard drive.... but even if there isn't, i could care less. this thing is too freakin beautiful to dismantle.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/DragonCrew/IMG_0889.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/DragonCrew/IMG_0890.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/DragonCrew/IMG_0891.jpg

My first message posted with my Archos 604 WiFi. Kinda different compared to a keyboard or Wii remote, but all in all not bad.

Nice!

I got a new toy as well:

Treo_650.jpg

It runs Palm, I got it off my cousin. He wanted the PocketPC one, I would've liked it as well but I found my PocketPC PDA isn't entirely stable. So far I'm liking Palm, just need to get used to the menu buttons and such.

nice. was playing with some of the features of my PMP. kinda awesome having WiFi. this things definition of WiFi creams the pants off the Zune's definition of it.

Zune: transfer songs to other Zune's
Archos 604 WiFi: Wireless File Server, wireless network browsing, web browser, web downloads.... need i say more?

was kinda neat. i was browsing the files on my 604 from my desktop over the wireless network. Was down at a friends house today, and while i was waiting for her to get outta the tub, i hopped onto her family's wireless network and checked my e-mail and stuff. thank god for unprotected wireless setups. lol.

Palm over all is more stable then the windows mobile, I have both so I can speak first hand.

I actually have had no problems with Windows Mobile - been using it for about a year and it works great. I love my Cingular/HTC 8525 :D

nice. was playing with some of the features of my PMP. kinda awesome having WiFi. this things definition of WiFi creams the pants off the Zune's definition of it.

Zune: transfer songs to other Zune's
Archos 604 WiFi: Wireless File Server, wireless network browsing, web browser, web downloads.... need i say more?

was kinda neat. i was browsing the files on my 604 from my desktop over the wireless network. Was down at a friends house today, and while i was waiting for her to get outta the tub, i hopped onto her family's wireless network and checked my e-mail and stuff. thank god for unprotected wireless setups. lol.

yeah and its also double the cost.

sorry Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited me Party Pooper, Party Pooper!!

yeah, it might be CLOSE to double the cost of a 30GB Zune, but a helluva lot more worth the money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back