My new Rig!!! This thing is crazy!

M

madmax1345

My Christmas just got a whole lot better. My wife ordered this computer from Alienware and it was delivered yesturday. Well here are the specs:

Dual Intel Xeon Processors 2.4GHz 400MHz FSB w/512KB cache
Supermicro P4DC6+ Intel 860 motherboard
2GB RDRAM PC-800
Adaptec 39160 64-Bit/Dual-Channel Ultra160 SCSI Controller
Dual 73GB 10,000RPM Ultra SCSI HDD
SCSI CD-ROM
DVD-RW
NVIDIA Quadro4 900XGL w/128MB
Canopus DVStorm2 DV editing sytem
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX - 5.1
Intel Pro/1000 Gigabit nic
NEC 20" LCD
Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 500-watt THX Speakers
All this in the nice Conspiracy Blue box.

I have no reason to own this thing other than I can. Some say it is to much but I tell them "To the victors go the spoils."

w00t!

Alienware is expensive...you could build one yourself, that's the same and better...but who cares, you're rich anyway, judging by how much, around 7000 you paid for that computer.

$7000 is low. I ran the specs on Alienware.com. Yes, I know, but hey we have worked hard for seven years now and I think we have earned it.

Nick has a good point. But, judging from the specs, price is not an issue.

madmax1345, if they accidentally send you another system accidentally, then you just let me know, ok? :D

Nice box, though!:)

Originally posted by madmax1345
$7000 is low. I ran the specs on Alienware.com. Yes, I know, but hey we have worked hard for seven years now and I think we have earned it.

No, I mean, Alienware custom build top notch systems, and it's hard earned money, you do what you consider right with it, and it is a blazing rig :)

It depends on the person. If you were to ask me, if I could get that all premade, and risk free of destroying everything, or say I could do it myself, and if I break something, tis my fault, I'd still choose the 2nd one...

I would have to hold the RAM in my arms..e.rr..hands first

madmax...no system is ever too much.
:happy:

I don't care if it was 8GB ram... I still want more.

Jmtyra,

I will keep you in mind. We have a cross country trek, moving to Florida, planned for next Aug. and will be going through Texas and stopping in Centerville, in Leon county at the sister-inlaws house.

My Christmas just got a whole lot better. My wife ordered this computer from Alienware and it was delivered yesturday. Well here are the specs:

Dual Intel Xeon Processors 2.4GHz 400MHz FSB w/512KB cache
Supermicro P4DC6+ Intel 860 motherboard
2GB RDRAM PC-800
Adaptec 39160 64-Bit/Dual-Channel Ultra160 SCSI Controller
Dual 73GB 10,000RPM Ultra SCSI HDD
SCSI CD-ROM
DVD-RW
NVIDIA Quadro4 900XGL w/128MB
Canopus DVStorm2 DV editing sytem
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX - 5.1
Intel Pro/1000 Gigabit nic
NEC 20" LCD
Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 500-watt THX Speakers
All this in the nice Conspiracy Blue box.

I have no reason to own this thing other than I can. Some say it is to much but I tell them "To the victors go the spoils."

so you would think

but eh spoils that you are talking about are actually not that hot..

that system is wonderful if you want to go out and run a server on it... that I will concede.. the vid card is professional more so than a gamers card and the dual xeons are also professional...

that system is exclusively what I would consider a fancied up server... :)

nice yes... but being a hardware afficianado myself... for 7g's... I would say you coulda built yourself a monster... what you have comes is not too shabby...

to each their own however... and I hope you enjoy your 'spoils' for a long time :)

Originally posted by xsivforce
What part?

South Beach, but more likely Coconut Grove. It will be a nice change from San Francisco.
And you?

Sazar,

I do agree with you but I did not pick this rig out. It was the wife, I guess I will just have to educate her a little better.

South Beach, but more likely Coconut Grove. It will be a nice change from San Francisco.
And you?
Was down in Vero Beach for 6 years, now in DeLand (midway between Orlando and Daytona).

Was down in Vero Beach for 6 years, now in DeLand (midway between Orlando and Daytona).

Yes, I know the area when I was a kid the family would stay the summer in Daytona Beach Shores.

And you?

Sazar,

I do agree with you but I did not pick this rig out. It was the wife, I guess I will just have to educate her a little better.

don't mean offense... just flabbergasted at the hardware and the money spent...

I guess all my time making my rig run as efficiently as possible has made me think the same about other rigs too...

on another note I'll be around boca raton late in january... my m8's wifey just had a baby :) and he bought an m3...

my gf can play with the baby while I re-learn my stick-shift driving skillz with a 6-speed monster lol..

Originally posted by Sazar
my m8's wifey just had a baby :) and he bought an m3...

my gf can play with the baby while I re-learn my stick-shift driving skillz with a 6-speed monster lol..

Ooooooh. Sweet ride!

Originally posted by Sazar
don't mean offense... just flabbergasted at the hardware and the money spent...

I guess all my time making my rig run as efficiently as possible has made me think the same about other rigs too...

on another note I'll be around boca raton late in january... my m8's wifey just had a baby :) and he bought an m3...

No offense taken, I have been battling this on multiple fronts today. I guess I could just toss it out and build my own. ROFL

No offense taken, I have been battling this on multiple fronts today. I guess I could just toss it out and build my own. ROFL

I would keep all the scsi and atapi devices/the speakers/lcd/controller cards and software...

get new cpu's/memory/sound card/mobo :)

this is all hypothetically speaking of course lol

its a decent rig though.. enjoy it...

Just aim in the direction of your ol' buddy xsivforce. ;)

/me jumps in front of xsiv and nicks the scsi controller and hdd's

/me pokes xsiv in the eye and runs away..

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back