my new job

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
After 6 months of searching since graduation, I finally got a full-time job that I started Monday. I'm working for a local company installing A/V equipment for businesses, schools, churches and residences. The company I work for has some really impressive equipment, and some of the jobs entail more than I understand at this point... but I will learn in time. It may not be the area of technology that I got my degree in, but I'm glad that I'm actually working with technology and expanding my horizons.

I knew that A/V and I.T. were integrating more rapidly, but it's been amazing to see much of it first-hand over the past couple of days. The nice thing is that the integration is very impressive and functional in so many ways, but extremely user-friendly at the same time. On the other hand, the installation part is pretty difficult for some things, and for that reason I have a lot to learn.

Unfortunately, I won't be in front of my computer posting here all day long anymore, but I'm certainly not going away either. Just wanted to share my exciting news and maybe even talk about A/V some if anybody's interested... just be warned that I'm no expert yet! :D

yay...good job Muzi!!!!

U better not leave us cause i will be sad :(. LOL. Well...i would like to know what A/V is and how much r u getting paid and when do u work?

It sounds cool. What part of Tejas are you working in?

Very cool, now you can save for a Cinema display to accompany the G5 ;p

Congrats muzikool.
smile.gif

Congrats !!! and Good Luck !!! /me wonders what muzikool will do with all the 'extra' equipment he might come across. :p

Thanks everyone! :D

I'd love to take some of the stuff home we work with, especially an AMX control system. I haven't asked about employee discounts yet, but I don't want to get ahead of myself since I haven't been paid yet. :p

@Speedy - Go ahead an buy one for yourself, use it for a couple of months, and then I'll buy it from you for a "used" price. :p

@PK - I'm sending it to you of course... what's your address again? ;)

@rik - I'm in Waco. We sure have a lot of Texas people here! :D

I've already got one thanks :p .. shame it's not the new design though :D

still waiting on muzi or someone to tell me what a/v is and all that stuff.

TittleBitties said:
still waiting on muzi or someone to tell me what a/v is and all that stuff.
A/V is audio video and "all that stuff" is gadgets, whathaveyou's, and thingys. :D

ahhh...i feel stupid for not think that is what it was. I thought it was some special word for somethin.

It's home theaters and systems for businesses, schools or churches (speech, projectors and screens, amps and other media equipment). :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back