My new-ish toy

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
I say new-ish cause i got it like 2 months ago.... just don't recall ever posting it in here. It's my Archos 5 120GB Internet Media Tablet. freakin LOVE it.

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

freakin greatest little thing EVER. WiFi, portable storage, music/video/picture/PDF player.... probably more but i can't think of them now. very nice screen. easier to navigate with fingertips than the previous Archos touchscreen players were. more sleek design, having only really two buttons (power, and a volume up/volume down rocker). fingerprint magnet though.....

Wow... looks impressive for sure... :)

What is the screen resolution Btw ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a sleek gadget with a lot of great features. Have fun! If only the iPhone/iPod Touch could support Flash as well. :(

What is the screen resolution Btw ?
It has 800 x 480 pixel resolution; 16 million colors. A Google search revealed that. :)

Looks like a sleek gadget with a lot of great features. Have fun!

It has 800 x 480 pixel resolution; 16 million colors. A Google search revealed that. :)

I know you are good in googling.... :laugh:

nice lil gadget :] good buy man

I saw one of those on The Gadget Show and it looked very impressive. I want one :laugh:

Ragnarok: my particular one is the 120GB version. cost $390.97 i believe. they have a 60GB version, and another version higher than 120GB...... can't remember if it's like 180GB or somethin else.

from the Archos website:

Code:
Video playback**: MPEG-42 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution) 
WMV (MP@ML, up to DVD resolution) included WMV protected files 
M-JPEG (in QVGA resolution) 

With optional software plug-in: 
HD support: MPEG-4 (ASP 720p) & WMV HD (MP 720p) 
MPEG-2 MP@ML up to 10 Mbps (up to DVD resolution) and AC3 stereo sound (5.1) 
H.264 up to DVD resolution with AAC

Audio playback**: Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 Kbits/s CBR & VBR, WMA, Protected WMA, WMA pro 5.1, WAV (PCM/ADPCM). 
AC3 stereo audio and 5.1 sound files (via SPDIF output of DVR Station)
Flac and OGG Vorbis audio files

With optional software plug-in: 
AAC3 and AAC+ stereo audio files Photo viewer***: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF

At first, Flac and OGG audio weren't supported.... but were added in a firmware update released not too much later than the player itself was released. Guess that's the good thing about a device that's powered by Linux.

And i also looked.... the Archos 5's like i have come in 60GB, 120GB, and 250GB with a 4.8" touchscreen. the Archos 7 comes in 160GB and 320GB flavors, and has a 7" screen. 7" is nice.... but from what i've heard, the picture quality on the larger screen versions isn't quite as nice.

That is a gadget a gadget addict like me would love. Really nice ... :)

yea.... i've never bought an iPod.... never even thought about it. They're overrated, overpriced, and a massive headache if you ask me. A friend of mine bought one for his... now ex-girlfriend before they broke up and such. First he always said i'm weird for liking Archos so much.... and after the iPod..... he was saying it's a good thing to like Archos. I guess he wanted to get some music off the iPod that he had put on.... but couldn't, cause the files were in multiple chunks, and not even remotely close to being under the same name as when he put them on it. It's nice to just plug it in.... copy whatever i want, unplug it, and if a friend wants it too.... just copy it over, no hassle required. and even better.... no AWFUL software like iTunes required either.

oh.... and if anyone who's curious about something wants me to take a specific picture to try to capture it.... just let me know.

apparently it just had another firmware update Thursday. Now supports FLAC audio files with ID3V2 tags or somethin. kinda forgot already. lol
that makes two firmware updates in the same month. actually.... pretty much in the same half-a-month.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back