My new HP TouchSmart IQ816

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
This thing is amazing, especially the touchscreen it's like a huge iPod touch but bigger and better. You just use your fingers to flick though your photographs, browse online, write notes and choose your music. The huge screen takes some getting used to, I even have to stand to reach the top of the screen :D Dunno what else to add at the minute cause I still haven't tried everything but for those who like to know the ins and outs here's the specs:

* All in One PC with 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 with 3MB L2 Cache
* 4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x2048MB), 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
* NVIDIA GeForce 9600 M GS HD graphics module with 512MB dedicated video memory and support for Blu-ray, and Microsoft DirectX 10
* Slot-load Blu-ray player and SuperMulti DVD burner, Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n with built-in WLAN antenna and Integrated Bluetooth
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, dims in inches: 26.04" (W) x 5.47" (L/D) x 19.63" (H) approx., 35.28 lbs approx.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 218
Congrats Evil Marge that Touchsmart looks BIG! Remember to register your product on the HP.com site, it's easy.

You must get the Crayon Physics game! It would be fun playing it on the HP Touchsmart. Here is a download link of the demo:
http://www.crayonphysics.com/download_demo.php

Try it!

Congrats Evil Marge that Touchsmart looks BIG! Remember to register your product on the HP.com site, it's easy.

You must get the Crayon Physics game! It would be fun playing it on the HP Touchsmart. Here is a download link of the demo:
http://www.crayonphysics.com/download_demo.php

Try it!
I think my son registered it for me this morning, I'll have a look at that game :D

I found some more detailed specs and heres another piccy.

Processor
Intel Core2 Duo Processor T8100

Memory
4GB

Memory speed
PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory

Total memory slots
2 SoDIMMs (200-pin)

Maximum memory expansion
4GB

Graphics card
Nvidia GeForce 9600 M GS HD graphics module with 512MB dedicated video memory and support for Blu-ray, and Microsoft DirectX 10. Up to 2303MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows Vista.

TV & entertainment experience
Dual-format NTSC or over-the-air ATSC high-definition TV tuner

PCI expansion
1 PCI-E x16 slot (MXM) (occupied); 2 PCI-E x1 mini socket slots (occupied); HP Media Center remote control with IR (infrared) receiver

Hard drive
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

Primary CD/DVD drive
Slot-load Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner

Networking
10/100/1000Base-T network interface

Sound card
Integrated High Definition Audio with 2.0 sound capabilities

Speakers
High-performance 2.0 Speakers

Front-side bus (processor dependent)
800MHz Front Side Bus

I/O ports
5-in-1 memory card reader - supports Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), MultiMedia Card, MemoryStick, Memory Stick Pro and xD; 1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port (front); Headphone (front); Line-in (back); 5 USB 2.0 ports(2 front, 3 rear)( 5 available); Line-out (back); Digital Audio Out (back)

Software, full versions
HP TouchSmart Music - Create playlists with your favorite music HP TouchSmart Video - Watch, record and upload your personal videos using touch; HP TouchSmart Photo - Share your fun and memorable moments in life with family and friends; HP TouchSmart RSS Feeds - Get the latest news right at your fingertips; HP TouchSmart Browser - Browse the web in a whole new way; HP TouchSmart Calendar - Manage your busy schedule and stay in touch with family; HP TouchSmart Notes - Quick and easy text and voice notes right at your fingertips; muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD; CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe: Make movies and slideshows and burn to DVD or CD; CyberLink DVD Suite Premium: Make movies and slideshows and burn to DVD or CD; CyberLink YouCam: Chat with video and upload your personal webcam videos to YouTube; Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar; Adobe Reader 8.0: Read and print PDF files; HP Total Care Advisor

Woo hoo :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 499
Are you going to give Windows 7 beta a try on it? What is the Windows rating?

I'm jealous, good thing I'm across the pond or I'm might nab it from ya :p

Looks great Marge and you certainly deserve to win it

Are you going to give Windows 7 beta a try on it? What is the Windows rating?
Nah, don't feel the urge or need to try Windows 7 and the rating's 5.5 I think. I'm sat in my living room on my laptop watching telly at the mo but I'll check later.

I'm jealous, good thing I'm across the pond or I'm might nab it from ya :p

Looks great Marge and you certainly deserve to win it
Thanks Jewelzz, that means a lot and it's doubly special for the fact you guy's thought me worthy of such a prize :D
Oh and you'd have to fight me for it :lick:

Marge I too am jealous. That system is sweet. But truely you are deserving especially for all the ribbing we've givin ya all these years. More to come. ;)

Marge I too am jealous. That system is sweet. But truely you are deserving especially for all the ribbing we've givin ya all these years. More to come. ;)
Awww thank you and one can never have enough ribbing :laugh:
looks sweet, well done :D
Thanks Heny, everyone's making me feel all weepy :cry: I wish I could meet you all in real life I really do :D

The forum is absolutely HUGE on this screen, it fills it from end to end :laugh: Oh and I have a purple ambient light glowing from the bottom of my screen to luminate my keyboard :smoker:

Attachments

• glow.JPG
    glow.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 193
Wow that's awesome Marge. Congrats. Hmm my Mom has been hinting on one of these.

The forum is absolutely HUGE on this screen, it fills it from end to end :laugh: Oh and I have a purple ambient light glowing from the bottom of my screen to luminate my keyboard :smoker:

Looks like it does on my screen :)

Wow that's awesome Marge. Congrats. Hmm my Mom has been hinting on one of these.
Well I hope she has lots of money cause they're bloody expensive :laugh: I would never have bought one myself even if I had that kind of money in my pocket cause I couldn't justify the expense but it's an absolute beauty it really is. I've fallen in love with a pc :D
I'm still not getting used to this screen. I looked forward to having a big monitor but now I've got it I keep thinking I wish it were a teeny bit smaller, though it's good for editing photographs and such cause you can see everything all at once :laugh: I'm loving being able the touchscreen though :)

Marge, you always were "touchy feely" anyway. :rolleyes:

*and the ribbing continues* :p

I looked forward to having a big monitor but now I've got it I keep thinking I wish it were a teeny bit smaller, though it's good for editing photographs and such cause you can see everything all at once :laugh: I'm loving being able the touchscreen though :)

And that is the justification for 2 screens of equal size - once you get them you wonder how you lived without for so long :)

Course it helps if one happens to be your 50" HDTV and you have lots of *ahem*"content" to watch on it :D

That is Nice!! Hope the new hangs around for a long time.

yeah.... messed with one at Best Buy. It's nice.... but i honestly think it could have been slightly nicer. especially in the "OMG my pockets were just blown to shreds" department.

It is sweet and it looks even sweeter sitting on my desk :laugh:

hehe

its awesome, congrats marge!
and thanks for the pics :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back