My new cell phone...

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well, I went ahead and did it. I bought my new cell phone today. I bought the Motorola MPx220.

In case you aren't aware of what that is... http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/mpx220/html/homepage.shtml

mpx220.jpg

I also bought my fiance a Motorola V551

I figured while I was at it I would pick up an HS850. http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=819
It's the upgrade from the HS810. It hasn't officially been released by Motorola, but it's starting to pop up all over. I can't wait! I am supposed to get my new phone tomorrow.

I almost talked myself into purchasing the Motorola MPx300... but I found it hard justifying the cost... but I almost did anyways... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64355&item=5751612893&rd=1) make sure you check out all of the pictures.. this thing is hardcore!

Just thought I would share with you all... later!

and the phone u got is really nice. and my friends have the v551 and that is also great!! i would of gotten the v551 but too many ppl have it plus its more expensie and doesn't have a lot of battery life compared to my sony z500a

I like Motorola RAZR. It's freaking cool. :D

Congrats on your new cellphone btw. :)

The Motorola Razr looks neat... that's about all it has going for it. It has no more options than almost every other Motorola phone. Not to mention they just feel like they are going to fall apart. My sister and her bf both have the Razr... and they are jeleous of my phone :) My new phone has a miniSD slot that allows for up to a 512MB chip (which I just ordered too). It has media player on it with Windows Mobile 2003, so it can play videos and MP3s. It has Outlook on it for e-mail and calendar, and it syncs with your PC. It also has full blown IE on it.

I just can't wait.

Mmm...very nice. Congrats! You just got one of the most functional phones on the market. ;)

I need to replace my Nokia 3650 at some point. I've had my eyes on the Audiovox SMT5600 (which also runs WM2003 SE, but includes WMP10 too) for a while, but T-Mobile doesn't offer the darn thing. :(

Un4gIvEn1 said:
The Motorola Razr looks neat... that's about all it has going for it.
My feelings too. The MPx220 is a 100% geek toy. The Microsoft and Symbian smartphones are like the swiss-army knives of cellphones - they can do just about anything. :D

Yeah... but OMG, have you seen the Motorola MPx300!?! That's what I really wanted, but just couldn't justify the cost...

Really, I just couldn't verify Cingular would allow it on their network and decided to buy this phone before finding out to keep myself from spending the money on it. HEHE

I got my phone today!

This thing is soo kewl. This thing is all voice automated. Other phones I had in the past could call someone by saying their name.. but you had to record their name and it would compare them. This phone is not like that. It processes your voice without having to record anything. You can call someone, launch applications, look up names and information about contacts, all by saying voice commands. It's awesome!

The 1.3 MP camera on it has good quality. I'll have to snap a couple pics and show you all.

My initial impression of this phone is that it's amazing. I'm sure over time I will find little things I don't like. Come to think of it, I don't like the menu system... If you press Start and want to go to the next menu you have to press 9... but Start is at the top of the phone and 9 is at the bottom. It's a long trip for your thumb. little complaint, right?

This thing plays video. It's so neat.

I can do all of my contact information in Outlook 2003 and when I plug my phone into my computer it automatically syncs calendar stuff, contacts, tasks and e-mail. It's a PDA without a touch screen basically.

I love this phone!

Congrats, the MPx220 is almost the same as my MPx200, minus the camera and a few other little features. But the Analogy of being a swiss army knife is so true... it can do some much stuff! I love listening to mp3s while playing Doom on my phone :) Drains the battery in a hurry but you sure get some looks from people. I installed WM2003 on mine, so I can use WMA's as ringtones and such.
Have fun with your new toy... err tool.... right? :)

~bk said:
I like Motorola RAZR. It's freaking cool. :D

Congrats on your new cellphone btw. :)
I want one of those. Unfortunately, Motorola only deals with ATT/Cingular (in the US anyway). Not gonna switch from my current carrier just for a phone

Aprox said:
Congrats, the MPx220 is almost the same as my MPx200, minus the camera and a few other little features. But the Analogy of being a swiss army knife is so true... it can do some much stuff! I love listening to mp3s while playing Doom on my phone :) Drains the battery in a hurry but you sure get some looks from people. I installed WM2003 on mine, so I can use WMA's as ringtones and such.
Have fun with your new toy... err tool.... right? :)

Yeah.. it's so cool that I can set a WHOLE MP3 as my ringer... :) The batter life has been fantastic so far. I have not set it down once the whole day.. playing MP3s, playing with the features, surfing the web, watching videos, taking videos, taking pictures... and I have not lost one bar on the battery yet! I can't wait until I get my HS850 headset... I should get it Tuesday.

I guess it's a cell phone rage lately. I picked up a couple last night. Cheapies ( free ) compared the ones previously listed but I like the ones I got since it's been like 4 years since I last had one.
Mine:
Audiovox 8910
Features:
Tri Mode Operation (CDMA/AMPS/PCS), Display -8-line 4096 STN Color, CDMA2000 1X Capable, WAP2 Web Browser, Java Capable, T9 Text Input, TTY Capable, World Clock, Stopwatch, Built-in 310K Pixel Camera with Flash, Data Capable with USB interface, Built-In Speakerphone (2-Way), Voice Activated Dialing, Dual LCD Displays, Downloadable Ringtones and Wallpapers, 2 Way Short Message Service, Blue Keypad Backlighting.
Audiovox8910.jpg

The GF's:
Audiovox 8450
Features:
Tri Mode Operation (CDMA/AMPS/PCS), Display - 8-line 4096 STN Color, CDMA2000 1X Capable, Web Browser (Openwave 6.2), TTY Capable, T9 Text Input, World Clock, Stopwatch, GPSOne Capable, Data Capable, Built-In Speakerphone (2-Way), Voice Activated Dialing, Multilingual (English/Spanish), Downloadable Ringtones and Wallpapers, 2 Way Short Message Service, Blue Keypad Backlighting.
Audiovox8450.jpg

If you are worried about changing carriers and you currently have a GSM based phone (if you have a sim card) then you can buy a "unlocked" phone. This is what I did with mine, usually you can only use the MPx2X0 with ATT and Cingulair? not positive about the second one. I use T-Mobile with my unlocked phone. There is no risk and its not Illegal to have an unlocked phone. Atleast not in the US.

Un4gIvEn1 said:
I got my phone today!

This thing is soo kewl. This thing is all voice automated. Other phones I had in the past could call someone by saying their name.. but you had to record their name and it would compare them. This phone is not like that. It processes your voice without having to record anything. You can call someone, launch applications, look up names and information about contacts, all by saying voice commands. It's awesome!

The 1.3 MP camera on it has good quality. I'll have to snap a couple pics and show you all.

My initial impression of this phone is that it's amazing. I'm sure over time I will find little things I don't like. Come to think of it, I don't like the menu system... If you press Start and want to go to the next menu you have to press 9... but Start is at the top of the phone and 9 is at the bottom. It's a long trip for your thumb. little complaint, right?

This thing plays video. It's so neat.

I can do all of my contact information in Outlook 2003 and when I plug my phone into my computer it automatically syncs calendar stuff, contacts, tasks and e-mail. It's a PDA without a touch screen basically.

I love this phone!

Sounds awsome!

The one that prodj88 got looks pretty nice too. :)

I had seen the MPx220 before, just never really paid attention. I really wanted it. In all of the pictures it looks like it's rather large.. but it's not at all. I was really impressed by the size. It's not any larger than the phone I had before. It's very well made. I'm still getting used to all of it's tools and stuff, but I love it so far.

~bk said:
The one that prodj88 got looks pretty nice too. :)
yay compliments , my favorite thing. haha. yeah i can't wait til it comes. it has a VGA camera and can record video clips! the only bad thing is there's no bluetooth, but i think i'll survive

Un4gIvEn1 said:
This thing is all voice automated. Other phones I had in the past could call someone by saying their name.. but you had to record their name and it would compare them. This phone is not like that. It processes your voice without having to record anything. You can call someone, launch applications, look up names and information about contacts, all by saying voice commands. It's awesome!
Now that's slick! :)
I wasn't aware of this. Is this a feature of just the MPx220, or any WM 2003 phones in general?

I just signed up with US Cellular..

Got my self a Motorola V810

Nice phone, Camera sucks if your indoors or in low light.. Night time is a no go.. There is a voice actication but I havn't messed with it.. I like it.

Not to get off subject. But does anyone know how to upload ringtones VIA USB Cable to this phone? The Mobile phone tools doesn't have the multimedia icon. US Cell locked it... Any way of unlocking it? OR hacking the phone?

The speech recognition in this phone even allows you to say a phone number and it disects it and dials it. so you can say "5646845" and it will dial it. You don't have to say it slow or anything... you just say it as if you were reading it to anyone and the phone will dial it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back