my new car (aka. dark green sex)

dreamliner77 said:
...the ashtray broke often.

lol.gif

Heavy cigarettes?

xxrotflmao.gif

dreamliner,
alternator's 120 amp and i was under the impression that's on the high end. battery's only 250. still think i should think about replacing the alt?

my ex had a '97 gls that had door lock and window regular problems as well as a busted wheel bearing (but there was no dust cap). the auto trans ended up dying and she traded it in for a near-new protege5. neat car. but i have more faith in my jetta. it's a year newer and manual. hers had a salvage title, too.
:(

unleashed,
corrados are awesome. i would've got one of them but they're so hard to find and have so many problems. if you own one, you're always in the garage replacing something. but it's a labor of love.
:)

NLM,
can't wait to do some track and strip time. it'll be my first time.
:cool:

deej0tt,
yeah, i'm not too find of the wheels, either. though i think 16's would be big enough, i might go black.

dubstar,
i test drove an '88 gti 16v a long time ago and was in awe of the little thing. i wanted a red '92 for so long. but talk about hard to find!

:p
pretty risqué for a mod.

that also goes for your sig... even if it is true.

My 306 DT has a huge dock off dent in the side, is gonna cost me $600 to get it shapened and resprayed metallic.

Will do it while I am on a Veritas course at the end of the month.

Wehey, Jetta's are probably one of the best things to come out of VW.
Wouldn't touch any other VW with a 40 foot barge pole :p

dreamliner77 said:
argh, my jetta, in under 2 years had these problems:

3 alignments
2 clutch retaining clips (internal in transmission)
3 sets of tires
window regulator cable disintigrated
dash cracked

those were teh major things, and oh yeah, it sucked in the snow and the ashtray broke often.

I love my Mercedes 240D now.

You should have an alignment done twice a year anyway.

Taurus, that battery kinda depends on where you live. If it's warm all the time, 250 will be more than enough. Remember all your electronics run off the alt when the car is running, it is only when it's off or the accesories take more power than the alt puts out that the battery is used. The battery is only used to turn teh engine over otherwise.

Dubbin: My mercedes is on 3 years without an alignment. Still straight, but think It will be getting one soon.

dreamliner77 said:
Dubbin: My mercedes is on 3 years without an alignment. Still straight, but think It will be getting one soon.
I used to be an automotive technician and I can assure you that it needs one. Hitting bumps/curbs, parts wearing out and ride hight all effect the alignment of a car. The rule is no different then changing your oil every 3/3. Most people don't bother getting there alignment checked unless the steering wheel is not strait or the car is pulling. Just because the car goes strait doesn't mean that everything is ok. And by the way my old boss had a new Mercedes and it was always in need of one.

Yeah, i know what you say about alignments. My mechanic usually just says it'd be a waste of $ to have it done. But it needs it now. BTW, mine is 21 years young...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back