curb weight: 2927 lbs
color: Classic Green Pearl Metallic
Clean CARFAX Report

P2080002.JPG

P2080004.JPG

P2080009.JPG

P2080006.JPG

P2080012.JPG

features include: fog lights, sliding/tilting sunroof, 4-wheel drilled and slotted discs with ABS, factory bose sound system, leather interior, and power windows, mirrors, and locks w/ remote and alarm.

bought from Sacramento European for $9375 +tax and fees. their showroom is full of near-new beemers (even a Z8), benzitos, jags, and even a 911. i was told that the previous owner was a volkswagen guy and had a few jettas. he kept this one immaculate and stock and traded it in and got a M3 convertible.

my first 24-hour impressions are.. well... it hasn't set in yet. i'm waiting for the car to explode or get stolen. right now it still seems to good to be true. this is the car of my (practical) dreams. in perfect condition, at that (clean carfax). superb, responsive handling and smooth, ample power. just, wow.

it's bone stock. even a vw air filter. there are things i'd like to eventually do to it, including:
· battery (more amps and probably dry cell)
· k&n filter (cheap, easy power)
· chip (more cheap, easy power)
· wheels (thinking 16" black)
· springs (~1.5-inch drop in front and less in back)
· audio stuff (mp3 deck and front speakers for starters, bose rears put out decent bass)
...but for right now it's fine. my wallet says so, at least.

oooh, looks good. Is that plastic covering I see onthe floor in the car? And you should clean out your garage :p

Beautiful car.... good luck with it. Now you need to change your username. :D

You know what I just realised? I've got a dark green car too! We're buddies! :D
38.jpg

haha, i've never owned a ford taurus. i was born on may 15th.

neat wheels, glaanie. i wish they sold cars like that here. i've always liked small cars. this was my first:

fiesta_small.jpg

'78 ford fiesta sport, "competition orange" :cool:

2.8 V6 :drool:

fast i bet ;)
i am currently in the looking for work, but the first car i am buying Focus RS just means having to get in 20k debt first :shrug:

Just so you know, Carfax can not be trusted. I had a car that I smashed the hell out of (4 grand in damage), had it fixed at the dealer and it still shows up as a clean car that without any accident damage.

thekore said:
2.8 V6 :drool:

fast i bet ;)
i am currently in the looking for work, but the first car i am buying Focus RS just means having to get in 20k debt first :shrug:
it is fast. :) a little more so once i calibrate myself with the car and pop in a filter and chip. i want to do some track time and even get some 0-60 and 1/4mi times in the future.

i want to see your RS once you get it. :)

Dubbin1 said:
Just so you know, Carfax can not be trusted. I had a car that I smashed the hell out of (4 grand in damage), had it fixed at the dealer and it still shows up as a clean car that without any accident damage.
well, that's pretty scary and discouraging. i had faith in the carfax.

so the only way to be sure is to have it thoroughly inspected by a dealer or serious shop, i guess?

Very nice car! I actually looked at one very similar to that a few months back... it was even the same color! Ended up getting an '02 Maxima though. I hope you enjoy it! :D

Taurus said:
it's bone stock. even a vw air filter. there are things i'd like to eventually do to it, including:
· battery (more amps and probably dry cell)
QUOTE]

Forget about the battery for now. Better to install a more powerful alternator. If you do a new bat after the alt, get an optima.

PS. I hate VW's. Had a jetta a few years back. Nothing but friggin problems.

dreamliner77 said:
PS. I hate VW's. Had a jetta a few years back. Nothing but friggin problems.
I hate it when my friggin gives me problems :D

Dreamliner, seems to me youre the opposite of me :D
I love VW, wouldnt trust many other manufacturers at all..
I really really want a Corrado though, my sisters boyfriend has one and I just fell in love on the first drive (with the car that is, not him) :D

argh, my jetta, in under 2 years had these problems:

3 alignments
2 clutch retaining clips (internal in transmission)
3 sets of tires
window regulator cable disintigrated
dash cracked

those were teh major things, and oh yeah, it sucked in the snow and the ashtray broke often.

I love my Mercedes 240D now.

nice jetta indeed Taurus. you should get yourself more agressivelook wheels, then it would be (Y)

had a 89 Alpine White GTI, 16valve, 1.8... soo sexy. Hauled buttox for what it was. Dropped 1.5" with 17" MoMos (old school MoMos not Momos, but MoMos, the classic logo'd ones), MoMo steering wheel, nuespeed sway bar front & back, clean as clean gets... traded it in for a Black 2001 Ford F-150 XLT Ext Cab Short bed. i should have gotten the 4x4 version :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back