My new Babies!!

Ugh. u people and ur convincing ways. i decided heck wit it and shut off computer, disconnected all teh wires, unscrewed the mobo, popped in the shield, and put it all bak again. as i was puttin back together, i said to myself "why not try organizing these wires?" so, i did. also decided to plug in my SPDIF card thingy too while i was at it. still ain't the prettiest thing ever on the inside, but at least more is visible. and if anyone wants to see the info on my mobo, go HERE . they also have a nice lookin CPU fan in the one ad on their homepage.

P.S. could some PLEASE tell me that the thing in picture 2 is not what i think it is. :confused:

edit: woo... BONUS ROUND!!!! lol. can someone figure out what's wrong in one of the pictures? if you can, then...... you know how much of an idiot i feel like, and you have just as much free time to notice it as i do.

..your dirty sock is in the last one! Is that it!!!

Ew!

the second picture I think is a power plug for intel mobos I think, but as I am AMD I really have no idea

Hey, Teddy, my foot is still in that sock. ~.~ kinda was sittin stupid to get that picture cause i didn't feel like turning the case to get a better view. lol

so, apparently that was NOT the problem. keep lookin. gotta look closely.

Geffy, to me, it seems like it's a plug for an AT mobo. which is kinda strange cause there's only one of them. and i'm using a newer Intel mobo, but i don't see anything remotely close to what that could fit into.

edit: woo... BONUS ROUND!!!! lol. can someone figure out what's wrong in one of the pictures? if you can, then...... you know how much of an idiot i feel like, and you have just as much free time to notice it as i do.

HD plugged in wrong. Speaking of the HD, is it mounted down? Looks klike its sticking out kinda far.

isn't really connected "Wrong", it still booted, but the drive showed up as slave. i fixed that already. the other thing wrong i did not fix yet.

and yes, that is as far as the HD can go into the bay and still be able to be screwed in.

no offense, but seems like this will take a lot longer than i thought.

the link didn't work for me... :( but if it's comparing the normal Zen to an Ipod, I understand, but the Zen Xtra is different.

I made up my mind, I've used both, and the Zen in my opinion is better... so blah, if you wanna spend 30% more for a product that's just a little better, if at all then go ahead, not my money.

ElementalDragon said:
isn't really connected "Wrong", it still booted, but the drive showed up as slave
Well since you have only 1 HD then yes it was plugged in wrong :D Anyway I dont see what else you did wrong.

ah-HA!

the sense wire for your power supply's fan is plugged into your SYS_FAN header instead of your PWR-FAN! n00b! LOLZ!!1

;)

Hey elemental Dragon i noticed you have the same metal innards on your caes as i do on mine :) just a different case front

yup as a system builder i can tell you that chassis runs from £18 to £80 on various models, side windows etc. it's well liked as a lot of the sharp edge's are removed. plenty of fan mounts, can add another hdd rack in as well. :)

Taurus, either way the fan still works. that still isn't the answer i was lookin for though. can't believe nobody noticed it yet.

ok, i give hint. the error on my behalf is in the 4th picture when everything is hooked up again and all the wires are more neatly organized.

Goatman, the ATX plug IS pulgged in, it's just under the mess of wires. the large amount of wires for that plug is what is now kinda my wire stand for the rest.

soon i'm probably jus gonna open it in paint and SHOW you what is wrong. you'll probably all laugh at the fact that u didn't notice it. :p

Thats a 6-pin AUX POWER CONNECTOR.. have never actually seen it used. Most mobos use 20 pin standard ATX connector and maybe the 4-pin ATX 12V connector (small square thing).

How about that wire running over the video card and the fact that you didnt put the hold down screw in whatever that wire is for. Or could it be the wire running over the fan.

holy h3ll, Dubbin actually figured it out. took long enough. lol

The wire over the vid card isn't a big problem. not like it'll roast if it's only touchin the edge of the card. that wire is actually for the SPDIF card thing, which has what i believe is a plug for a fiber-optic audio cable, as well as an RCA jack. also, the CPU fan wire is nowhere near touching the fan. the problem i was refferring to was the screw not being in the SPDIF card thingy. can't believe nobody looked at that. in fact, over half of the guesses were dealing with the complete opposite side of the computer case. lol

ElementalDragon said:
holy h3ll, Dubbin actually figured it out. took long enough. lol

The wire over the vid card isn't a big problem. not like it'll roast if it's only touchin the edge of the card. that wire is actually for the SPDIF card thing, which has what i believe is a plug for a fiber-optic audio cable, as well as an RCA jack. also, the CPU fan wire is nowhere near touching the fan. the problem i was refferring to was the screw not being in the SPDIF card thingy. can't believe nobody looked at that. in fact, over half of the guesses were dealing with the complete opposite side of the computer case. lol

Well you made it sound like something more major. Leaving a screw out isnt that big of a deal. I think we all found things in the case that you did wrong though :D

On the note of iPod vs Zen, iPods have a purpose built battery life of 18 months, at which point you have to spend more than half of the original cost of the machine to replace it.
Zen all the way :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back