My new Babies!!

I'd rather get an Archos mp3 player. not entirely too expensive, and u can even get the one they have that can play movies and pictures, and even take movies and pictures, as well as play music and double as an external hard drive. and they are like extremely easy to upgrade from what i can tell, though you'd void the warranty to do so. although if you got the Archos Video AV300, it comes with either a 40GB or 80GB hard drive... so... wouldn't need to do any kind of warranty-voiding upgrade.

how much is the 256 and 128 of those? (cheapest)
guy at work has one and they are really nice

i got an origional archos 20gig jukebox, its decent but the lcd screen messed up after 5-6months so it doesn't work. the new ones are cool a friend has one it can play video and cap video but not much extra like battery life and what not, the video takes the battery fast

Well, jus took pictures of my computer. front, back, inside.... even tried to take a video of me usin my mouse, BUT seems like i'ma have to return the thing to Circuit City (bleah) tomorrow or somethin cause the gyro for moving left and right don't work no more. :( i love teh mouse. and if Circuit City says "well we can't take it back without the box" or anything of the sort, i'ma flip. Circuit City is the worst store ever. only reason i even thought about buyin the mouse from there was cause i got 2 $20 gift for there over the holidays, and couldn't think of anything else to get. They have a sign over all their gift cards that says, and i quote "The Gift they Never Return". NO KIDDIN!!! they don't let u return them no matter what, so..... wouldn't that kinda be false advertising in a way? oh well, enough ranting and raving about the piece of crap store. here da pics.

P.S. sorry bout the size of the files, but didn't wanna risk quality for a couple less KB file size. not the greatest pictures to begin with.

Clean up that wiring mess and put the I/Oshield on the back and she will look slick. Dont forget to buy the round cables, there cheap and really improve the airflow :cool:

edit: I just noticed that you only have 1 case fan :confused: Put another intake fan in the front and 1 exhaust in the rear to cool that badboy down.

thas the problem. no money. and they say the round cables have some flaws. mostly the fact that the main reason they were set up as a ribbon at first was to greatly reduce the possibility of crosstalk or interference. Those shields are a pain to get in there too. also don't feel like takin the mobo back out.

ElementalDragon said:
thas the problem. no money. and they say the round cables have some flaws. mostly the fact that the main reason they were set up as a ribbon at first was to greatly reduce the possibility of crosstalk or interference. Those shields are a pain to get in there too. also don't feel like takin the mobo back out.

I dont have any problems with my round cables. If you would like I could give you a link to where you can get 2 blue LED fans and the round cables for around 20 bucks for all.

that's the other problem. no credit card for online purchases. and my mom ain't too fond of online shoppin either.

Teddy said:
Here are my three newest purchases..
I've got that case. :)

Taurus said:
i'll be damn near silent.
You should make a "How to make a silent PC" thread....it would be great! List of recommended parts and mods.

chaos945 said:
You should make a "How to make a silent PC" thread....it would be great! List of recommended parts and mods.
good idea. but i'm still learning myself. well, maybe not learning... but still implementing. i don't feel like i can be an authority on making a silent pc until i put my methods to work. and that takes time, energy, and of course, money.

once i get my shipment of heatsinks/fans/controllers/stuff from bestbyte.net, i'll get some of it in place and do a thread on what i've done and whatnot.

i need to buy a new case. i want to go micro-atx but can't find one with a 120mm exhaust fan for the life of me. can't even find one that has room for cutting a 120mm hole.

mooo said:
how much is the 256 and 128 of those? (cheapest)
guy at work has one and they are really nice

i got an origional archos 20gig jukebox, its decent but the lcd screen messed up after 5-6months so it doesn't work. the new ones are cool a friend has one it can play video and cap video but not much extra like battery life and what not, the video takes the battery fast

mooo, not sure if your talking to me, but mine was 90 @ FRYS,.. which i found for 70 @ staples with a 10 rebate on top of that.

ElementalDragon said:

I recommend putting that I/O shield on. If anything, it reduces the risk of dust clogging up near the ports, or pressure forcing the dust through the gaps into the case. Might help in the long run :)

Have to agree though, they can be a pain to insert at times :(

the more intelligent PC case maker would make those little covers pop on from the OUTSIDE of the case, rather than the inside. would make a whole lot more sense, since 80% of the time when you try to put that stupid shield on, it is either too hard to put the mobo in when it's already on the ports, or you can't line up the holes with the offsets when the shield is in the case already.

ElementalDragon said:
the more intelligent PC case maker would make those little covers pop on from the OUTSIDE of the case, rather than the inside. would make a whole lot more sense, since 80% of the time when you try to put that stupid shield on, it is either too hard to put the mobo in when it's already on the ports, or you can't line up the holes with the offsets when the shield is in the case already.

You talking about this?

ElementalDragon said:
well who's the one who put the mobo in without the I/O shield? that's the real mistake. can't really fault the ATX standard for that.

and if it attached from the outside, you'd have a greater chance of it coming off and getting lost, at least during transportion.

Goatman said:
no man, I love my Zen Xtra, it was cheaper, had more storage, and has better sound quality.

That's kind of a sweeping statement... surely it depends on a number of factors how good the sounds quality is...

a - the bitrate of the song
b - the quality of the earphones

The Zen is nice..but doesn't have the 'wow' factor of the iPod (yes...IMO!)

:)

0.o not exactly true about the getting lost part, Taurus. The case i have now had a screw to hold the I/O shield in place. they could do the same thing, and have it screwed in.

But if you were to directly compare and Ipod and a Zen Xtra, using the same high quality headphones, and the same high quality MP3. The Zen would sound better. which means it's got better sound quality, -98 dB SNR for example.

I had no problem with my backplate... They are designed fine...

You also have to remember I'm buying a portable music player, not a coffee table. I don't care about the wow facter. I care about features, prices, and performance. The Zen excels in all categories... if they were the same price I'd of considered a Ipod more heavily.... but it's more expensive which is silly.

1st of my series of parts

This is my board in its case. Chaintech 9cjs. Ive had this bad boy sitting for a while. Starting next week all the parts will start shipping in. Yeah Sazar this is the same one lol. Its rated #1 at Maximum PC for must own hardware in the motherboard category. :D

Attachments

• chaintech 9cjs.jpg
    chaintech 9cjs.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 94
  • chaintech9cjs2.jpg
    chaintech9cjs2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 108
  • chaintech sata.jpg
    chaintech sata.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 84
Goatman said:
But if you were to directly compare and Ipod and a Zen Xtra, using the same high quality headphones, and the same high quality MP3. The Zen would sound better. which means it's got better sound quality, -98 dB SNR for example.

I had no problem with my backplate... They are designed fine...

You also have to remember I'm buying a portable music player, not a coffee table. I don't care about the wow facter. I care about features, prices, and performance. The Zen excels in all categories... if they were the same price I'd of considered a Ipod more heavily.... but it's more expensive which is silly.

Check this out... link

"Against the Creative Zen, though, the iPod still comes out on top."

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii rest my case sah! ;) iPod for me...Zen for you. Differences like this is what makes the world go round! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back