My new and improved living room.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Roughly two weeks ago my new living room furniture was delivered. Shortly thereafter I decided that my existing LCD TV (Samsung 32") was too small for the new and improved living room.

I decided I needed a larger TV and went out and purchased a Samsung 46" LCD TV (120Hz, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 4ms response time). However, I needed a new TiVo and I also decided to purchase a Blu-ray Player.

I ended up purchasing a TiVo HD, a Samsung Blu-Ray Player, and a Harmony One remote.

Today Time Warner delivered my CableCARD and my new living room is fully functional.

I don't plan on leaving my couch this weekend. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
My cable sucks. i have Discovery and a few other channels that only have sound from the left speaker now, the cable company confesses to the sin, and their best advice is "turn your sound settings to mono".

April called and they are giving me a whole $11 off this month. Wooo. :(

Matt you should have went with a PS3 for your Blu-Ray player. Unless your samsung can be upgraded with firmware. :)

Roughly two weeks ago my new living room furniture was delivered. Shortly thereafter I decided that my existing LCD TV (Samsung 32") was too small for the new and improved living room.

I decided I needed a larger TV and went out and purchased a Samsung 46" LCD TV (120Hz, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 4ms response time). However, I needed a new TiVo and I also decided to purchase a Blu-ray Player.

I ended up purchasing a TiVo HD, a Samsung Blu-Ray Player, and a Harmony One remote.

Today Time Warner delivered my CableCARD and my new living room is fully functional.

I don't plan on leaving my couch this weekend. I'll post photos tomorrow.

git! :smoker:

Matt you should have went with a PS3 for your Blu-Ray player. Unless your samsung can be upgraded with firmware. :)
I already upgraded the firmware on it. Not into Playstation. I'll take a Wii though.

I already upgraded the firmware on it. Not into Playstation. I'll take a Wii though.

Its the best media player out there :)

And you can use it as a psuedo media extender :D

You could have been cool like me :smoker:

But yah... AWESOME pictures :lick:

im not rich :( - although i have spent £900 on a holiday to Mexico, might have something to do with it :p

but now its just called north England :p

/me rans like mad to the underground bunker

madmatt - as long as you are cool with what you got - who cares about comments from someone else! :laugh:

I am happy for you - as long as you are happy with what you got! :)

Carpo, the floor is always clean. I have OCD.

damnyank, thank you. The TV is awesome. I had digital installed yesterday (CableCARD activation because I have TiVo). I watched all the sports I could find in HD, amazing.

I don't want to be cool.

Photos added to first post.

LIAR, you said you weren't getting off your couch this whole weekend.

Well, I see your couch and you're not on it :(

:cry:

Carpo, the floor is always clean. I have OCD.

damnyank, thank you. The TV is awesome. I had digital installed yesterday (CableCARD activation because I have TiVo). I watched all the sports I could find in HD, amazing.

I used to get that feeling, sitting and you see something that needs cleaned and soon you have cleaned your whole place and it didn't really need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back