• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My new and improved living room.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Roughly two weeks ago my new living room furniture was delivered. Shortly thereafter I decided that my existing LCD TV (Samsung 32") was too small for the new and improved living room.

I decided I needed a larger TV and went out and purchased a Samsung 46" LCD TV (120Hz, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 4ms response time). However, I needed a new TiVo and I also decided to purchase a Blu-ray Player.

I ended up purchasing a TiVo HD, a Samsung Blu-Ray Player, and a Harmony One remote.

Today Time Warner delivered my CableCARD and my new living room is fully functional.

I don't plan on leaving my couch this weekend. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
My cable sucks. i have Discovery and a few other channels that only have sound from the left speaker now, the cable company confesses to the sin, and their best advice is "turn your sound settings to mono".

April called and they are giving me a whole $11 off this month. Wooo. :(

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Matt you should have went with a PS3 for your Blu-Ray player. Unless your samsung can be upgraded with firmware. :)

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
Roughly two weeks ago my new living room furniture was delivered. Shortly thereafter I decided that my existing LCD TV (Samsung 32") was too small for the new and improved living room.

I decided I needed a larger TV and went out and purchased a Samsung 46" LCD TV (120Hz, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 4ms response time). However, I needed a new TiVo and I also decided to purchase a Blu-ray Player.

I ended up purchasing a TiVo HD, a Samsung Blu-Ray Player, and a Harmony One remote.

Today Time Warner delivered my CableCARD and my new living room is fully functional.

I don't plan on leaving my couch this weekend. I'll post photos tomorrow.
git! :smoker:

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I already upgraded the firmware on it. Not into Playstation. I'll take a Wii though.
Its the best media player out there :)

And you can use it as a psuedo media extender :D

You could have been cool like me :smoker:

But yah... AWESOME pictures :lick:

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
madmatt - as long as you are cool with what you got - who cares about comments from someone else! :laugh:

I am happy for you - as long as you are happy with what you got! :)

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Carpo, the floor is always clean. I have OCD.

damnyank, thank you. The TV is awesome. I had digital installed yesterday (CableCARD activation because I have TiVo). I watched all the sports I could find in HD, amazing.

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
Carpo, the floor is always clean. I have OCD.

damnyank, thank you. The TV is awesome. I had digital installed yesterday (CableCARD activation because I have TiVo). I watched all the sports I could find in HD, amazing.

I used to get that feeling, sitting and you see something that needs cleaned and soon you have cleaned your whole place and it didn't really need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test