My MicroSD card doesn't show correct size for format

zapoqx

Striking Master
I recently bought a Kingston 2GB microSD card. On my computer, it asks if I want to format it to a 3.79GB card.
On my Laptop, it asks if I want to format to a 979MB card.

Is there a tool that I can use to get it to the correct size cause I just don't wanna chance it on either one.

Edit: I think I know why... but just to confirm it, I tried putting the card in my sister's phone that accepts MicroSD. It turns out that it read it all perfect with the correct size. And another device I used it with read it. I can only put it in a MicroSD adapter that makes it SD. I can only think that it has to do with the Printer's Card Reader can't read higher than 1GB and the same with my laptop's on-board reader. Would that be correct?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021