My Loud Loud Loud Fan

M

Mr. Sushi

or i think it's my fan. it's something for sure. it makes the loudest noise EVER! well it's not that loud but it's pretty loud. it's not that normal SHHHHH noise. it's a ehhhhhhhhh noise. i have a p4 1.8 ghz dell dimension 8200. is there someway i can make it less loud without opening it up? and if i have to what do i have to do?

To make it less noisy without opening it up do this..........wrap it up tightly in a doona. :p

argg... no. i do that sometimes but i want a logical solution to tone down the loudness of my fan.

Try making some sort of air intake baffle on the case. If it works maybe get a patent on it...! How about ear plugs?

eh... i don't know how to do that..

anybody know like any reasons why my fan is so loud? or how i can make it not loud...

I had the same problem with my fan. What I did was I place some oil on the fans' rotor after I took it off ofcourse from my pc and remove the sticker that covers the rotor. It did reduce the noise coming from my fan.

thank you VERY MUCH for your answer. may i ask how much it was reduced ? and what type of comp you have and the noise your fan was making?

if you have a dell, and it is making that kinda of a noise, my suggestion would be to tell them and see what they will do. it is their hardware so they should work on it if it bothers you that much

yeah, it's a new dell, too... i'm sure they'll take care of it fine.

if they won't and it's an "ehhhhhhh" noise, it might be a fan going bad (already?). you can open up your case (might void warranty) and find where your fans are. once you find where each one is connected to, unplug each one at a time and see if you can get the noise to stop. oh, btw, DON'T unplug the one that's over your cpu... the one that's on top of your heatsink (probly big silver thing).

but anyway, try to locate which fan it is, if it is a fan. then look into replacing it.

not much he can do without opening up his case but he states he does not want to open it up.....oh well live with it then:)

its pretty loud, i'll call dell support i guess. it made those noise since the first day i got it.

Here's one sure way to keep it quiet. PULL THE PLUG!!!! :)

Joking aside I think there's no alternative to opening your pc and replacing the offending thing.

You might try downloading Speed Fan (free) and bump the rpm's down a little while maintaining safe temperature.

I found that by putting filters INFRONT of my intake fans (2x evercool 80mm) fans that are quiet, but still noisy, know what i mean, it quietened the fans to a hum.

Plus it stops any crap being sucked into ya case , and as I smoke, thats a good thing, cos after 6months wow those filters get clogged up! :D

Stuy_b

thats what you get for buying a dell,as iceman would say...

Well, there is not much you can do without opening up the case and see what is going on. That's like a surgeon trying to operate on you without cutting you open. :rolleyes:

Call Dell tech support, but beware back in '95 I called the bout my dell and they sent me a file to flash my bios...make a long story short, I had a $2000 + paperweight.:mad:

Ever since that day I have been building my own. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back