My Little Buddy Passes away :(

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
My mom and Dad called me today to tell me that my little buddy Juan Carlos Passed away today...
He had pacreatitis... they don't know what caused it, but they had to put him in surgey, he was doing fine this morning, and 30 mins later by 830 he had passed away...
I feel bad for my parents I was the one who told them mom shouldn't be home alone, and now she is heart broken that he is gone...
Even my dad who is not one to get emotional I have only see him cry 4 times in his life, who is normally completely Stoic had a creaky voice as he told me our buddy had passed on...
Juan Carlos...
I loved you...
You will be missed...
His Last Pic, in his oxygen tank at the animal hospital:
JuanCarlosSurgery002.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/mlakrid/JuanCarlosSurgery002.jpgLast X-mas with the nephews:
Boys005.jpg

Mike A!

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad news Mike. Keep your chin up.

uh.. sorry to hear :/

how old was he?

Sorry to hear Mike :(
I know all too well how it feels to lose a pet. they are a part of the family.

uh.. sorry to hear :/

how old was he?

Not old enough only 6 if memory serves correctly... their other dog is having alot of seizures and they think it is because of added stress of Juan Carlos not being around...

Poor thing she runs around back and forth to all the doors whining, and then runs outside and barks out the fence as if she's hoping he just got out and hasn't come back yet...

She is heart broken too, I hope it doesn't kill her too...

:cry:

Mike A!

aw, im sorry man :/

Thanks guys, you are right, he is a part of the family and hes not in pain, he's in a better place now... that's all I have to take comfort in...

Mike A!

Aww I'm sorry, my parents had their golden lab Petra put to sleep last week as she was in agony with arthritis in her back legs, poor thing could hardly walk.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened Mike. I had a big scare 3 weeks ago with my Tabby (Cat). He got all bloated and was basically not moving much. Took him to the Pet Hospital and they found that he had a clogged urethra due to bladder crystals. He was border line as to outcome as they told me that blockage of urine flow is considered a medical emergency and depending as to how long he had been clogged he could die. It really scares the crap out of you when it's your pet that has been with you many years. Fortunately they were able to unplug him using a catheter and flushed out everything, but since he had an infection from the old urine in his bladder they had to put him on antibiotics and now he basically has to eat only wet (canned) food for the rest of his life, no more dry food. He's all happy and the normal pain in the ass that he was before. O.K. I'm babbling on now :nervous: It really screws with your head. What really sucked for you is that Juan Carlos was, or seemed to be doing well and then poof. :( Any time a human or an animal needs surgery it's a damn crap shoot. It can be routine surgery, but why do they call it routine? Any time they have to cut any one or animal/pet open it's far from routine. You can have a bad reaction to anesthesia or the body can go into shock during or after surgery, secondary infections... It sucks. I really feel for you. Sorry. :(

I am sorry to hear this. I love dogs, and know what it is like to lose one.

least now he has all the balls he can chase and chew on, all the green fields to run in, all the trees and fire hydrants to pee on, and all the bitches he can bang :rambo:

Sorry for your loss. I lost both my boys last year to kidney failure, they were only 10.

RIP Juan Carlos

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I was never brought up with a little buddy even though sometimes I wish I did but I can imagine how devastating this is mlakrid. I have seen my other friends go through the same and as I have said to them I shall say to you....he is in a better place now.

RIP little buddy

Sorry to here that my friend, I lost a little guy name porky he was a pekingese, and now I'm dealing with a boxer with seizes which they don't know why, he on meds now and has been doing pretty good. God bless us with them for a very short time and all we can do is enjoy as much as we can. Give your Mom and Dad some time and see if another dog maybe in there future, again sorry to hear, and keep your chin up.

we had someone at work whose bunny died and he went a little crazy for a while, seriously, i think he thought someone murdered it.

i remember losing pets and it can be hurtful.

Thanks Lancer...

Hes in a better place, the day I found out, I wanted to go home, but knew it wouldn't help how I was feeling...

It is truely amazing how each pet has their own personality, almost like a child really... they test their boundaries... and he was no exception...

I will miss my little "football" buddy

Thanks for all the support guys...

It is getting better day by day, and I am hoping that my parents will go get her a new puppy soon...

She has been severely depressed...

Im ok now, just pray for my mom...

Thanks!

Mike A!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back