My first trojan

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Well. Seems like it was bound to happen, but I just got my first trojan...Last night I did my first full scale virus scan in months on a whim and to my complete surprise this thing turned up. This sucker could have been very harmful to me... fortunately a few things kept it from doing serious damage after it was installed:

startup monitor- prompted me it was adding it to my startup which I made a curious note of (I actually let it go at first since system32.exe sounded like a valid system file..)

but then sygate was telling me the sucker was trying to connect to the web and i blocked the connection attemps, then disabled it from startup..

all before I knew it was a trojan..call it instinct :cool:

Finally Norton picked it up and it was easily deleted. I'm still trying to figure out how the sucker was installed though...

Although in the future I'll be aware of this if it ever tries to add itself to my startup again..

Good that you managed to get away with little trouble :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back