my first post...just want some input

that card is around $350-$400
but im not really in to spending that much at the moment esp. since theres not going to be many DX9 games for a while.

thats why im gonna go with a Gforce4 Ti4200 for around $150

Posted by Mubbers
buy buy buy!!!

How much is the radeon 9700 pro in Arizona? In the UK this card:

Sapphire Radeon 9700PRO Atlantis 128MB DDR DVI AGP TV-Out

is £270 or $422!!

Mub's

the cheapest radeon 9700pro out there should be around 315-320 bucks... :)

pr00fX: Just a small point, don't forget that you'll need two disks for RAID 0.

Posted by Sazar
the cheapest radeon 9700pro out there should be around 315-320 bucks... :)

Green with envy! :)

I know some folks who've mail ordered that kind of stuff from the USA but the Customs & Excise people in the UK spot all the 'techy' & fragile stickers on the boxes and intercept it.

Then they send you a bill for all the tax PLUS an enormous handling fee which generally makes the whole lot a complete waste of time!

Of course if you knew someone who could ship it in a box covered in labels like "URINE SAMPLES" etc... then you'ld have no problems :D

Mubbers

Posted by Zedric
pr00fX: Just a small point, don't forget that you'll need two disks for RAID 0.

yes i know this; I figure I will just buy another 80gig hard drive sometime in the future if i ever get bored and want to experiment with RAID. Right now its not really a priority.

hey proof..don't look any further for the videocard, if you're gonna get a Ti4200, you need this one, i'm getting it myself, it's the Point of View GF4 Ti4200XP 128 DDR, it uses 3.3 ns memory in stead of the usual 4.0 (the 64 DDR uses 3.6), it also uses the PCB of a Ti4600, which means better powersupply, and better stability when overclocking, also, this card is overclockable over Ti4600 level, and at a great price! go have a look here: www.pointofview-online.com

this is really a good card...

oh and by the way...their new GF4 Ti4200XP Turbo version, is standard clocked at 300/600 mhz, compare, a GF4 Ti4600 is standard clocked at 300/650 mhz.....

G-Lizard...the card sounds nice...i really want that card...but im in the U.S...I dont see any where to purchase it from in the states

another nice gfx card is the Albatron Ti4200 P Turbo 128Mb.

Uses full 8-layer PCB and comes ith 3.3 ns bga ram. It o/cs very high but im not sure if there's a us retailer

wait a minute i'll go and see if there is a reseller in the us...

well they don't seem to have a know reseller adress in the US, but maybe you can order online....go and look at some sites if they deliver this card in the US, this one is the best GF4 Ti4200 there is....(the Turbo version)

I believe I am going to with the Albatron one that quiksilvah recomended it looks pretty nice.

that is a very wise desicion ;) :p

It is a lovely card and has possibly the nicest looking heatsink on it.

Yeah its a cool card...ive also decided to order the Athlon XP 2600+ instead of the 2400 because athlon decided to release the 2600 with the faster 333mhz FSB.

i believe the 2400 also has 333mhz FSB...correct me if i'm wrong....and go with the Nforce2 chipset, i has a dual memory channel, so if you use 2 of the same sticks of memory you have the double bandwith....

Actually the 2400 does not have the 333mhz FSB also the Nforce2 chipset is not even going to be available for a couple months...at least thats what i thought...but if it is available somewhere let me know....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back