My Explorers Hijacked.

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
Yes Ive seen some topics but this one is driving me insane. (Well whats not these days:p )
My IE always ALWAYS defaults to about:blank. Then it loads a search site. I am so ****ing disgruntled you will not believe. I ran ad-aware. found some stuff deleted it. IT CAME BACK. Ran Nortons Enterprise Edition, found a trojan and deleted it. That didnt help. I went into the Reg and whacked some stuff ..That didnt help. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad: . I wish the death penalty is issued for *******s who invest there time and waste our precious oxygen for crap like this. Help oh wonderful memebers of the board. Some suggestions please.:)

Try HijackThis, should tell you where hijack reg entries ans stuff is

if anti-spyware software can't help.

try this program. i swear by it. :)
ccleaner

post your hijack this log here

Attachments

• Hijack.jpg
    Hijack.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 69
No one's mentioned SpyBot Search and Destroy yet.

Regardless, don't worry about the about:blank entries in AdAware, for some folks AdAware has been picking that up as a possible hijack attempt. It's not.

You need to delete CoolWebSearch. Let AdAware and also the aforementioned CWS shredder.

Post a HijackThis report.

Terrahertz said:
Im running Win2000 Benny:) . Thanks though
I know the link I posted is effective with CoolWebSearch, so try finding something simillar for win2000 (maybe that link suits? )

Did you try using Pest patrol, Bazooka Adware and spyware scanner, spysweeper, and also did you try going under the add/remove programs functions to make sure that there isn't anything listed there that shouldn't be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back