My documents

C

chp

My drive is dying and it wont boot up XP and I cant even reinstall. The set up screen seems to go on for ever - 3 hours so far.
However I have a spare drive with XP and I'm able to interigate the old drive and can see all my folders and programs except my documents.

The drive had been formated ntfs and so is the spare.

1. can I reinstall XP again without losing files if not how do I see my documents.

Many thanks - it one in the morning and i'm going to bed.

How about trying this, Setup your newer drive as the main, then setup the older one as the slave after you get XP up and running properly on the new one. Your main problem right now is if the older drive is mechanically sound enough to let you retrieve info out of it before it dies completely. Goodluck, you are in a tough position of nearly losing your files.

Heeter

If you lose your files, goto a local PC store and ask them about data recovery, they should be able to let you know if the manufacturer can get the data back for you.

And the reason you dont see my documents is because its just meant for one users, and even if you create the same users you wouldnt be able tos ee it since its hidden from everything/everyone no matter what. So its lost if you cant boot from that old HD.

One of the more reasons i dont have the My Documents folders on my local disk but on a local network share.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back