My documents shortcut

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

Now that I have installed partitions in my harddrive, I would to know how to shortcut the existing "My Documents" from my start menu to recognize where it is now (E:). "My Music" shortcut as well, within the My documents folder. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated......

Thanks,

Heeter

If I understood your question I would answer it for you.

Sorry.

When I click on the My Documents shortcut on my start menu, I would like it to open my E: . That is where I put all my folders and sub folders in. Hopefully that is a little easier to understand.

Thanks,

Heeter

Open windows explorer & find 'my documents' in your user account. Right click on it & choose 'cut'. Now go to your e drive to where you want it to go. Right click 'paste'. It will now move itself to e drive.

Bah, right-click on either the "My Documents" icon on your desktop, or the shortcut in your startmenu. Select properties. On the target tab, click the "Move" button and browse to the new folder. Click apply. Windows will ask you if you want to move the existing folders in the current folder to the new one. Make a firm decision in your life and you done.

Thanks Hipster and Banned,
That was exactly what I needed

Heeter

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back