my documents icon gone!

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
it just gone..its on the desktop but the icon went from the folder to..well a wwhite icon..wtf....

just right click it and go to properties. Then click change icon in the shortcut tab and there should be two different document icons.

Is it just the desktop icon that changed, or is it changed in Explorer as well? The icon resides in shell32.dll, and I doubt that the DLL was changed. A reboot would probably fix it, or if it's just the shortcut then Tittle's suggestion should work just fine.

Download This and install/run it. There is an option at the end of the list called "Repair" go there and click the drop down menu and goto "Rebuild Icons". It would be easier to do it the other way but I like using tweakui for various things :p

right click on the desktop, then properties, then desktop, then customize desktop and click on the my documents tick

yea i fixed that now i have this

untitled.jpg

when i open a program and go to click on the the options they turn all white and funny..

May not be your problem but I have seen this happen when video drivers are corrupted.

Yeah, I've seen that happen plenty of times with menus. They were usually random incidents without much explanation.

Is this only in 3rd party apps, or anything you open?

Sometime sthe display of menu will glitch on some video cards if you all all the Windows XP theme gizmos enabled. Try to disable everything in the System Properties, Advanced Tab, Performance options:

Attachments

• shot.gif
    shot.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 77

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back