My Documents Folder Displays After Login

H

HawkInDBQ

I'm pretty sure I've seen this discussed in one of the forums here before but can't find it.

Every time I login to XP (home edition), it displays my desktop and then automatically opens the "My Documents" folder.

I've poked around inside TweakUI and the Control Panel can't seem to find anything that controls this.

Can someone please help me...how can I prevent "My Documents" from being opened every time I login to XP?

Thanks.

hmmm

stupid question but did you have that folder open when you logged off or shutdown xp?

Just to be sure, I closed down all tasks before logging off. Logged back in and the My Documents folder still gets opened automatically.

Looked in all the the startup folders for each user. No My Documents folder found in any of those.

Think I'm going to try and find an entry in the registry.

But if anyone else has any ideas, I'd sure like to here them. This isn't that big of a deal, but it is pretty annoying.

Are you using norton internet security 2001 it caused this to happen in ME when set to start automatically

solution was to start it by putting a shortcut in the start up folder

Problem Solved!

It was a mistake I made in editing the registry. I had been playing around with trying to have different users with different shells. I was going about this by setting the valude of HKLM/software/microsoft/windowsNT/currentversion/winlogon/userinit to the name of a batch file I created.

Unfortunately, I never quite got this working right and when I tried to reset it to its original value of c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, I ended up with the value of c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe. It was in there twice!

I removed the last one, logged off, logged back on and wala...everything is cool again.

Really appreciate everyone's input on this. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back