My display moves

Tag Bartok

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hello
I've got an ATi Radeon 9800XT with the latest 4.9 Catalyst drivers, Windows XP SP2. Recently my 2D display has started to flick to the left approx 10mm and then after a few seconds it will flick back again. It doesn't do this when I'm playing games, it's confined to Windows programs ie Desktop and Internet Explorer. I've completely removed all ATi drivers using Driver cleaner 3.3 and reinstalled them. I haven't got shared desktop or two monitors attached. I'm beggining to think it's hardware, either graphics card or monitor. The monitor is a CTX PR960F running 1600x1200 @ 85Mhz. I have had this problem on a previous system but upgrading the drivers fixed it.
Any ideas please?
Cheers,
Tag

Sounds like a monitor ram issue. Your display location is stored in memory and accessed in a ram whenever your resolution (or you manually) make changes. I have worked on monitors in the past in which this ram starts to go bad. When this happens, the monitor will jump different places.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back