my desktop strange thing...

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

i dont know if i have done something but on my desktop now on the left hand side just above the start button i have a big blue line which says 'folder tasks' 'other places' and 'details' just below each of these you can access like my documents and shared documents etc.
A bit like when you doubble click on my computer if you knw what i mean :rolleyes:

how can i remove this..by changeing the walpaper doesnt help..is there anything else i should do?

thx:eek:

HMmmm... i had something like this happen once or twice with me...

what happened was i somehow managed to make a folder on my desktop act as a taskbar that you would normally see embedded at the bottom of your desktop, but i somehow got it to show up on my desktop.

i ended up right clicking a blank portion of this bar and unchecked "text" and i think "icons"...and then i just clicked on the little "X" in the upper right hand corner to close it out.. it never came back..

now...i dont know if thats what you have going on or not... and im sure that the problem i encountered probably had a much easier solution which i just didnt know at the time..

anyway.. hope this info helps in some way....

good luck!

:D ~n

Originally posted by original delboy
i dont know if i have done something but on my desktop now on the left hand side just above the start button i have a big blue line which says 'folder tasks' 'other places' and 'details' just below each of these you can access like my documents and shared documents etc.
A bit like when you doubble click on my computer if you knw what i mean :rolleyes:

how can i remove this..by changeing the walpaper doesnt help..is there anything else i should do?

thx:eek:

I am a little lost in what you are describing... can you take a screen cap of what it is you are talking about??
:confused:

Damn:mad: i took a screen shot and its on my floppy as a jpeg..i then tried to attch the file by clicking browse and fiding it etc...but it isnt here:confused:

any ideas how i go about putting ma screen shot here?

Originally posted by original delboy
Damn:mad: i took a screen shot and its on my floppy as a jpeg..i then tried to attch the file by clicking browse and fiding it etc...but it isnt here:confused:

any ideas how i go about putting ma screen shot here?

I assume you hit 'Print Screen' then opened Paint and clicked edit and then clicked paste> then clicked file > click save as > then save it somewhere to your drive??
be sure to save it as a *.jpeg cause the default *.bmp is way to large
:confused:

This has something to do with active desktop. I've been trying to duplicate it but haven't been able to, yet. But it is an active desktop feature... if you have that turned on, turn it off and see what you see.

ya i did all that i have it saved onto my flopy as a jpeg the size is 52.2kb...but when i click on attch file and browse (below) i get the picture doubble click on it and it doesn't show up here????

what am i doing wrng?

if this is an active desktop feature, any ideas how to switch it off...:rolleyes:

I give up. I did this once myself and managed to turn it off but I can't remember what I did. Sorry about that.

simply right click on your desktop, properties, desktop (tab), customize desktop, web (tab), and then uncheck any boxes in the list.

also, you can go to run and type gpedit.msc, then press enter. navigate to user config, admin templates, desktop, active desktop, then enable/disable which ones you don't want running.

hope this helps.

Originally posted by Lonman
I give up. I did this once myself and managed to turn it off but I can't remember what I did. Sorry about that.

Roght mouse click on your desktop click Properties > click Desktop tab > click Customize Desktop > click Web tab > make sure Lock Desktop Items and anything else or delete anything under the Web Pages box.

ok guys i have tried everything..still no joy:mad: everything you suggested madmatt i have done but i am left still with this same thing...i can give you a screen shot if someone can explain how to put it here!

with your desktop showing press "Print Scrn" then open photo editing software, click new, click edit, click paste. after save the file to your hard drive where it is easy to access. or if you have a website (tripod, whatever), try uploading the file there then give us the URL.

have you tried right clicking on the taskbar, toolbars, and unchecking any checked items such as quick launch?

ok guys a simple way round this was just to use my restore facility..now everthing is back to normal:D but hey don't knw what happened its been driving me mad!

Everythink is ok...now tho by using my restore points.

thx to all who tried to help:D :D

Help

got the same problem common folder tasks on the desktop - Here's how to do it remove all the icons of the desktop reboot
make sure you create a restore point 1st.
1. right click on the desktop - Arrange icons by
2. untick show desktop items
3. reboot
this is what it looks like

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back