My dads pc got all spywared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
this is what happend to my dads pc when he went online today..not sure what he was on :ermm: cliams christmas shopping, but anyways after a crap load of spyware removal he got these errors in order, and every rebot they come up

untitled.jpg

then

untitled2.jpg

then when i tried to get rid of that background that is there, i cant changed his wallpaper in properties or with the right click option..somethin is all messed up..any ideas?

ok i did a hardcore spybot sac and it fixed some problems...but now the desktop looks like this...

dads.jpg

how do i get rid of the blue behind the icons, they where never there before...

Last edited:
well just type in msconfig at the run dialog, then click to startup and remove the check mark for that file, then for that right click properties on the wallpaper, then desktop, then customize then webpage, and check/uncheck the lock desktop items, depending on the state it was already, mine is unchecked, sometimes u have to play around with that sometimes

What's that word document you got minimized there?

Nice ride, BTW. Had one myself, although mine was a RS/SS

Heeter

I think you can guess what it is.

You deserve spyware if running pirated software in my opinion.

Now about the blue behind the icons , right click my computer icon, properties, advanced, performance, settings, and use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop

[edit]
I care.
[/edit]

edit? changes what about my post? He is not asking about crack or hacks so who cares that he like everyone else around here at sometime is and or has used something they did not pay for.

Last edited:
Kermit_The_Frog said:
Now about the blue behind the icons , right click my computer icon, properties, advanced, performance, settings, and use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop

That is a good suggestion, although I have seen cases where it doesn't work. Try that first, and if it doesn't get iconoid which is a free download. This will help you fix the issue of the text with your icons.

In regards to your spyware issue, since it appears you fixed some or all with Spybot, I suggest you use at least one more scanner. I use MS Anti-Spyware, but Webroot Spysweeper and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware are decent too. Also might want to try running Hijackthis. I'm not trying to turn this thread into which one is better, but anytime a machine has a heavy infection as it appears yours did, it's always best to be thorough, and running multiple scanners is a good way to accomplish that.

On another note, and this is a personal preference, I avoid using MSCONFIG basically because I don't like it. As an alternative, if you want to remove items from startup you can do so by editing the registry at the following area:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

As always, if editing the registry, make sure you back it up first incase something goes wrong. Also, that is only a suggestion. Take whichever approach you are most comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Icon Background color is not found there.

Right click your desktop
Properties
Appearance
Advanced (button)
Look for "Icon" in the "Item" list

Now you can change the size of the icons, font, background color, etc.

madmatt said:
Actually, Icon Background color is not found there.

Right click your desktop
Properties
Appearance
Advanced (button)
Look for "Icon" in the "Item" list

Now you can change the size of the icons, font, background color, etc.

Dont think he wants to change the color I know how to do that, he wants the blue box gone.

Posts #3 to #7 all off topic , have nothing to do with helping the person fix his problem.

Look what is being discussed in the picture of the Car though.

Kermit has provided the correct information regarding the drop shadow.

If in fact you want to change the color of the icons or font then follow the directions I posted.

Now I consider this discussion closed. And this thread since there is a strong indication of where it is headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back