"My Computer" problem

B

bass_player03

Maybe you guys can help me. I'm not sure if this is the category i should use but maybe you can anyway. I was using my computer and went to my computer i got the Searching for files animation for a good 10 min. It is not an immediate problem but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

A couple of things spring to mind. Firstly, you only get that animation when it's trying to find media. If you had a CD in the drive that was not quite up to scratch, and could't be read this would happen, also if your Hard Drive has gone tits up. If your on a network and one of the VM's was down, your machine maybe trying to find it.

Any of these fit the bill??

ta ta

TOK

Well lets see. I dont believe there was a CD in the drive but if there was i have had some shitty CDs in there before and the only result of that is the cd wont read. I am not on a network and both harddrives are fine. Thanks for you help, i am just afraid that any of the things you mentioned were what i was looking for.........Thanks anyway.........

Jake

same problem

It takes 'My Computer' two minutes to open. I'm still waiting for Microsoft to give me a reply. I'll post it here when I get it.

idem dito

had same problem on my old HD

replaced - problem gone

attached my old HD to my pc as a slave drive - same problem

scandisked and derfagged the old drive - problem gone

mine is fixed

here's my chat with Microsoft. (it worked for me)

1. Click Start->Run
2. Type "services.msc" in the open box and press enter.
3. Double click "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" on the right panel.
4. Set the Startup type as Disabled
5. Click OK and restart your computer

I was also informed that certain scanners might not work after you do this, but my HP worked just fine. Now "MY Computer" opens instantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back