Intel Pentium 4 1.4 Ghz
256 mb Rambus ram
120 gig
40 gig
Nvidia Geforce fx 5900
16x dvdrom
40x cdrw
I will give u guys more details later on

My computer has been restarting by itself anytime i use it or leave it on. I don't know whats the problem Norton has not detect any viruses or trojans. I have norton antivirus 2003 up to date and everything. I was writing a forum post before and it restarted u could imagining how much it is ticking me off. There is no powefailure or anything. I have a 300watts powersupply. ANy Help would be appreciated thanks

Sly

maybe its your ram. I had the same problem when my ram was bad.

Well all of my power cords in the pc are used up because the graphic card itself needs it's own power. But this has never happen before it is just started like a month ago. I have had this pc for 2 years. I went to Event Viewer and see that i have a NetBt error the sametime my computer restarts but then sometimes my computer restarts and the eventviewer doesn't show any errors.

I'm guessing this has something to do with Spywares. Scan your PC with Spybot: Search and Destroy.

Nope no spyware i know this seems like a tough one guys. this crap is ticking me off so much i can't wait to get a job so i can buy a new pc because i need to get a better pc to handle doom 3 :)

I have read before that it could be overheating...if no warning comes up it could be overheating. But try ~bk's idea too i could be wrong with mine.

Nope no spyware i know this seems like a tough one guys. this crap is ticking me off so much i can't wait to get a job so i can buy a new pc because i need to get a better pc to handle doom 3 :). But since i am broke i need to fix this pc. lolz

It might be a STOP error (aka blue screen) that doesn't show up because the system restarts before it can be displayed. If that's the case, the error number on the STOP error screen should give us a clue about what the cause is.

Try this. Right click the My Computer icon on your desktop and hit Properties, then select the "Advanced" tab and click the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery." Then uncheck the "Automatically restart" box and hit OK.

Now the next time the error occurs, you might see a STOP error screen with the error information. Post that here, and that should give us a lead.
smile.gif

OK I'VE BEEN GETING THIS PROBLEM TOO . its so crazy how everyone alwasy experiences hte same exact problems as me!! for me this has been happening the last 2 days... and about some days ago i installed a new gfx carD! so it could be b/c of this... im gonna try netryders idea

leave it in safe mode for a couple of hours and see if it happens then.

Maybe a new blob of thermal grease on processor might help.

Lee said:
leave it in safe mode for a couple of hours and see if it happens then.

Maybe a new blob of thermal grease on processor might help.

Good suggestion. It could aslo be a loose heatsink. Make sure it hasn't come loose. Also, you power supply might be going.

-Wrath

are you sure the psu is strong enough for what you have? That gfx card sucks alot of juice.

what brand 420, could be acting up, or is just faulty

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back