My comp. crashes when I instal the graphics card drivers

S

Sip

Every time I instal my graphics card my computer starts crashing and reboting by itself and than it usualy won't eaven start again until i turn it of and on on the PSU button.
The computer works fine if I uninstal the grapics card and run it that way. I have the same problem with my old GForce 2 gts.

Specs:
Athlon XP1900+
ASUS A7V333
768mb pc2700ddr
gForce ti4200
SB Live platinum 5.1 sound card
Windows XP
440W PSU

Only thing I can figure is maybe there is a problem with the BIOS settings on your motherboard. Try going into the BIOS, load the setup defaults, save your changes, and see if that does anything.

Might also try goofing with the AGP settings and putting them all to the lowest settings. (2x AGP, No Fast Writes, etc.).

First, make sure yu have the Vid Card properties set to VGA(right click the Desktop, etc...). Second, in yer BIOS make sure the Vid settings are on default or whatever yer M/B manual says is default or the most minimalistic settings. Now open da box and switch the cards. When XP boots if it says it has found new hardware and it wants to install it's own drivers let it and see what happens. If they work then get the newest Reference Drivers from Nvidia. and install them. You might have to do trial and error till you get the best functioning Drivers. But use the reference Drivers not the ones that came with the Card. Yeah yeah ya won't have all the bells and whistles but the Vid Card will function better. There are links on the Forum to these Drivers. There may be even a D/L on the Forum, do a search. Now if the XP Drivers don't work then reset the Vid Card properties to VGA or SVGA, then try the Reference Drivers I mentioned above.

Good Luck. :cool:

I'm runnin a G-Force 2 GTS with the ummmm... I think 28.32 or somethin... Reference Drivers. It works great. It was flakey and use to reboot on it's own with the Drivers that came with the Card from ASUS. (V7700 Deluxe)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back