My Cd Rom is ghetto?!?!

A

Aileron

Hey there. I just got home from vacation and I'm going to play some cd's and i open my computer and double click the cd rom icon to play and it comes up with an error saying" This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel" So basically all I did was double click the cd rom icon in my computer and that error came up. But if i right click and click open and double click the song i want, it works. And if i right click and click Explore and pick the song, it works. So the cd rom works but it won't start if i double click the icon. Just an annoying problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

BTW: I tried burnt cd's and original cds, and everything but it wont start from double clicking the icon

Thanx Eric

Is this a short cu you made to the cd drive?
If so try to make it agian and see if that fixes it.

No, I didn't make any shortcuts or anything. But it's fixed now. I woke up and rebooted and now it works. I guess my cd rom really is ghetto cuz now it works all by itself. Anyways thanks for the reply. :)

Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back