my big project is finished! come look!

i think it was be a good idea, perhaps a mixed show of some kind to distribute, showing what the bands sound like.

I believe the restriction to 26 is part of what makes the promotion more appealing. The fewer bands listed means more exposure for each. The purchase of a letter is on an annual basis, so if a letter is taken and another band wants it, they could possibly get it the following year. I will setup a waiting list for that purpose.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take all I can get! :D

Muzi I think this is the ONLY issue I have with this...

You should make your site similar to others where competing bands have to pay more to keep the name type thing...

Or... make it to where they have no right to the letter once they become signed...

Its your site but those are my .02 cents..

:laugh:

EXCELLANT SITE, GREAT FRIGGIN IDEA

/will visit often

Thanks, perris. That means a lot to me! :D

Muzi I think this is the ONLY issue I have with this...

You should make your site similar to others where competing bands have to pay more to keep the name type thing...

Or... make it to where they have no right to the letter once they become signed...

Its your site but those are my .02 cents..

:laugh:

The band will essentially "give up" the letter if they get signed, making it available to the next band on the waiting list. I'm not quite sure exactly what you meant with paying more to keep the name.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! :D

...The band will essentially "give up" the letter if they get signed, making it available to the next band on the waiting list.

I'm not quite sure exactly what you meant with paying more to keep the name.

Thats great with the first part...

what I was reffering to is there are other sites where you pay for advertising space; however, if someone else pays more to get that spot, you are A$$ OUT, as they get the spot in your place.

SO... the more you are willing to pay the more likely you keep your spot...

you could also make it pro-rated so that if someone wants that letter bad enough, the person with the lower payment loses the spot, but gets paid back for the amount of their remaining contract...

There is another post somewhere here on OSNN about something similar where you paid per pixel...

:)

hope it helps anyway..

Thats great with the first part...

what I was reffering to is there are other sites where you pay for advertising space; however, if someone else pays more to get that spot, you are A$$ OUT, as they get the spot in your place.

SO... the more you are willing to pay the more likely you keep your spot...

you could also make it pro-rated so that if someone wants that letter bad enough, the person with the lower payment loses the spot, but gets paid back for the amount of their remaining contract...

There is another post somewhere here on OSNN about something similar where you paid per pixel...

:)

hope it helps anyway..

OK, I understand what you're saying now. I've seen the Million Dollar Homepage (the pixel one you're referring to, I believe) and that's actually one of the sites that inspired me to come up with something unique myself.

If I took your suggestion then I would definitely set it up to where a band would get their money back (pro-rated) if another band took its spot. I want to minimize risk for the participating bands, so they don't need to feel like they might lose their money at any time. I have considered a similar scenario where a band holding its letter had the option to "sell" it back to me if another band was wanting to purchase it. That way the band holding the letter has control and won't feel like they're being pushed out.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm definitely open for any suggestions! :D

Wow very nice design, love the little effect there with the menu :)

I put up a forum on the site today and I'm trying to decided on categories and topics I'd like to include. I don't expect much activity there for a while, but I think it can serve some good purposes eventually. :)

The design as has been pointed out, is pretty sweet. There's something I don't like about the header though. It just doesn't seem to match the elegance of the rest of the page.

It's a wicked idea, props for the sweet domain name, and I think it's great that you actually went ahead and created it.

Good luck man!

The design as has been pointed out, is pretty sweet. There's something I don't like about the header though. It just doesn't seem to match the elegance of the rest of the page.

It's a wicked idea, props for the sweet domain name, and I think it's great that you actually went ahead and created it.

Good luck man!

Thanks, man. I originally had something much simpler and minimal for the header, but I really liked this photo I ended up using. Thanks for the comments! :D

By the way, your new sig and avatar set are awesome!

Ok, I showed the site to a few of my friends (all of whom are musicians and two are in a band)

They all agreed that the idea is really cool, what they did not like was the 1000USD "listing" fee. Also the fact that no letters are currently taken they feel that the site does not get much traffic. (yes, I explained that you just finished it )

Could you put some sort of visible counter or traffic chart that shows the stats? Or are they not high enough to display yet?

That is just what a few musicians are thinking... I guess you could call it "test results from group a" :p

Ok, I showed the site to a few of my friends (all of whom are musicians and two are in a band)

They all agreed that the idea is really cool, what they did not like was the 1000USD "listing" fee. Also the fact that no letters are currently taken they feel that the site does not get much traffic. (yes, I explained that you just finished it )

Could you put some sort of visible counter or traffic chart that shows the stats? Or are they not high enough to display yet?

That is just what a few musicians are thinking... I guess you could call it "test results from group a" :p

Thanks for telling your friends about the site and for giving me their feedback. I do realize that there might be "sticker shock" for some bands that see the site. The deal here is that I'm allowing this small, finite number of bands to be promoted on the site. There are a number of free websites that offer to promote unsigned bands, but there is no limit to the number of bands that can be listed there. The chance of being discovered on those sites is much, much smaller -- my site takes a different approach.

If I were to offer these letters for free, then how would I choose who could and could not be listed? Beyond that, I really only want serious, talented bands who are working towards a recording contract. Those kinds of bands have a marketing/promotion budget and will likely view $1000 as reasonable for the potential amount of exposure.

As of today the site has been online for one week. I didn't expect any bands to sign up by this point, and I'll be thrilled if I get even one in the first month. I'm currently working on publicizing the site and optimizing its results on search engines. You telling your friends greatly helps, so thanks again for telling them about it. :) Once I start seeing consistent traffic I'm going to put some type of counter on the site.

This promotion opportunity won't be right for every band, but of the thousands of bands out there, I'm confident that 26 will find it appealing and that it will be very successful in the future! :D

I think the most impressive thing about all this, besides the code/design of course, is how well you have thought everything out. I think your answer above really shows how serious you are and that you've been planning this for awhile - not just something that you put together in five minutes.

I have a good feeling you'll do well, even if it takes a little bit of time. Also good to see you don't have un-realistic expectations.

Buenas Suerte chico :cool:

Thanks, Derek. I really have put a lot of thought into this. The only thing now is that I'm really anxious to get some bands listed!

Did you notice the thread linked to in my sig? You partly created the "program." :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back