My Autoplay feature seems to be MISSING !

P

Phantom_24

Yes...I'm one of the few who actually likes autoplay!

Now here's the problem.....for some reason my autoplay feature has stopped working in XP, and I can't seem to get it running again. I've right clicked the drive and there is NO autoplay options anywhere!! I've tried teh device manager and found nothing there either.....the only thing I can remember is that last time it was working, I was holding down the shift key to not let autoplay run, and I got a pop up window asking if I wanted to disable a feature or something. It's possible I may selected teh wrong check box!! How do I get this menu/option to pop up again?! I tried inserting a new CD and holding the shift key and that got me no where !

Please help......dumb question...hopefully easy solution !

:rolleyes:

Open Windows Explorer->right click on the drive in question->properties->autoplay tab

There should be two check boxes
1 that says "Select an action to perform"
and another that says "Prompt me each time to choose an action"

If you are saying that this tab is not there then there is another problem. Take another look and make sure.

Yep....It's gone !

Have to figure this one out.....not any real software installed lately...other than Photoshop 7 and Omnipage Pro 11.
And neither of those should mess with drives.....any idea how to get that auto-play pop-up to re-appear?! I thought it said something like "to open again....press shft/alt something"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back