My 2004 Element Was Totaled

Broken bones are nasty and if you can prove the other driver was at fault can usually lead to decent settlements. Well above the cost of your car but not near enough to cover pain and suffering.

What to expect from the bones:
Immediate - hurts like a SOB any time you move from bones grating. 3-6 weeks until bones knit. Remember, every time you breathe you're moving the muscles along your rib cage so try to avoid breathing as much as possible :eek:

Next ache, tenderness to pressure and stiffness as the excess calcium, edema (blood clot) and any scar tissue in the surrounding area disolve and get re-absorbed by the body. 6 weeks to a year.

Stiffness and pain, particularly duing weather changes. Maybe for life.

Legal Ramifications:
You were at least partially at fault in that situation, probably more than 50% even though the other driver was improperly using their turn signal (signaled at the wrong intersection). Since you were on the side road you are required to wait until the main road is clear. You could argue that due to the road conditions and her indicated turn and her speed you were afraid she would slide into you so you pulled out to get out of the way. You have enough of a case to protect yourself from litigation but unless you can find a lawyer who will take the case on a percentage basis I would not pursue it.

What to expect from a suit:
If the other driver is insured it will never go to court. Insurance companies can't afford to pay the scum sucking lawyers' trial charges so they will settle if you show intent to go to court. If the other driver is not insured or is under insured you will spend more on legal costs than you will recover.

Nick M said:
I know you're a mechanic - have you seen the 2005 Le Sabre Custom?

05.gif

I've been driving one for two weeks now - very soft ride but when I slam on the breaks the car just lurches foward with all the momentum that is carrying it. What do you think of 'em? It's a friend's car - his grandfather bought it and then died a few months after ;) I have a choice to drive it for another few weeks and buy it or give it back.

They are actually quite nice. But you say "when I slam on the brakes". Why are you having to slam on the brakes? You drivin too fast? :p Or were ya just testing them? There is not too much info on them yet, but there are some "technical service bulletins". But the list dosen't have anything major or serious, mostly informational. (Link below)

http://alldata.com/TSB/07/050715fe.html

Initially I was seeing how it would react to emergency stops ... in a BestBuy lot :yowch: I live in NYC and whole lot of people drive badly - especially in Manhattan so the brakes get hot pretty easily on their own. Essentially I drive carefully, though. Thanks for advice and recall list, I like it so far, drives better then my Civic.

lancer said:
Thanks for all the support, sorry i haven't been around to reply, but so much on my mind and my ribs are ****ing killing me.

Ok here's the story i was ticketed, because she had the right of way,

Story:
I was waiting to pull out from a minor road to a major road, the roads where slick because of rain, so i waited and waited, eventually all the cars passed and only this one car was left about 150 meters down the road, she already had ehr indicators/turn signal on, and she slowed down to about 10 mph i assumed she was pulling into the road i was pulling out of, but instead she kept on going, and she said she was actually pulling into a road another 70 meters up the road (what bull****), she was going to kfc, and that has two entrances, one on the road i was pulling out of, and one 70 meters up the road, (guess she got lazy and only wanted to turn once).

So anyway she side swiped my car, the front driver (left) wheel was torn off as the car skidded about 20 meters down the road, my left side of my body hit the door, with my head hitting the window, i blacked out for a second or two and broke at least one rib.

So any legal case here against her, even if I was ticketed?

oh and my car is fixable i learnt yesterday, the adjustor said it will cost 5k to fix it. with my $500 deductible.

You pulled in front of her, plain and simple. It was your fault. I would be more concerned about getting a call from her attorney.

j79zlr how about you go.....

and count yourself lucky you got away with only a few broken bones.. my best m8 was a hit & run victim, died 2hrs later from his injuries..

thanks yeah thankfully i did something right, got great insurance, i'm with esurance as well, so if anyone needs a good insurance co, they are one of the best, it only took 3 days to get my insurance check, pretty good i think, and they're paying for any addtional stuff the mechanic finds with no arguements.

wonder what it would have been like if i had gotton my bike yet, ouch....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back