My 1.4GHz into a 1.6GHz (or more)

Z

ZAnwar

Can I overclock my 1.4gig to a 1.6gig safely ???

If so, what are the procedures ???????

you should be able to overclock it even more than that...and safely.

i believe you can simply get into the bios and bump up the fsb speed.

I hope so, if I can get it more than 1.6gig, that will definetely be COOL !!!!!

Will a 1.6gig fan, the only thing I have to buy, or case fans aswell, or something else ?

u mite want an intake fan
and a little better cooling if its not all that great already
i'd love to overclock
but my motherboard dont allow it
and i dont got no $$$ for a new one :mad: :(

What is wrong, I thought that you lot used to like me !

Originally posted by ZAnwar
What speed will I be able to get it to ???

It depends on how much ya bump up the FSB speed. Bring it up gradually till it starts to get unstable.:rolleyes: Then back off. You may need a larger CPU fan if the heat gets too high. A large intake fan is a good bet.

lock up
crash
melt
blow up
turn into green jelly

who knows

Do you know where I can get a cheap 1.6 or 1.7gig fan from !?!

I am planning on putting my 1.4GHz, to a 1.85 or 1.9 !!!

I hope it flies !!!

no it will not fly unless you use liquid nitrogen...

look at my sig... I have it oc'd only 130 mhz above the system design with a 143 fsb at the moment.. you can crank it up but if something happens YOU void YOUR warranty..

I would not push your rig more than 100-150 mhz above what it is right now unless you have a really good cooler and unlock your pc... going straight up to 1.8 or 1.9 is absurd...

you have to understand the principal behind oc'ing... you can't just go out there and crank up the bus and expect nothing to happen...

if you want a good cheap OEM cpu... go to www.pricewatch.com or www.tcwo.com

but if you can.. use pencil rule to unlock your cpu... lots of websites will show you.. and then go ahead and increase your multiplier and THEN you will get a speed boost without changing your FSB at all... just gotta make sure what you are doing...

stock with a regular cooler.. don't even consider going above 1.5 or 1.55 max... you'll blow it...

Okay, first I will get a 1.73gig fan, then I will try it first at 1.5, then 1.6, and if it still is stable, I will then put it on, 1.7 !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back