Must... kill... real media message centre...

Rigsta

OSNN Addict
It's loading up with windows, and I don't want it to (every so often, it pops up over the system tray informing me of something that I'm completely uninterested in).

Tried using startup.exe (in the tweaks section of this site) to disable it, but it re-enabled itself :rolleyes: Thanks, real.

could be a virus or somethin ' :rolleyes: ... you can post also an image ...

Nah it's part of RealOne player (BETA 6 I think). It runs in the background - and therefore has to be starting up with windows - and occasionally gives me messages (ads) from Real industries when I'm online. It's annoying and refuses to die. I also don't like the idea of something communicating behind my back.

Get rid of real player. That's why I refuse to use this type of rubbish. :mad:

go into it's options and tell it to popup like once a month instead of every day. mine seems to have stopped popping up cos of that. if you're too worried bout it, go back to realplayer 8 (although I had alot of problems with this one crashing) it does't have the adware (hmm maybe ad adware can remove it)

what i did was just delete the file that starts that poping up prog. that's very simple go to task manager and see wich file is running then delete it. and u r done.

LOL usually doing that sort of thing causes ab error message to pop up when windows starts, so I try to avoid doing things like that. Since you say it works tho... DIE REALONE MESSAGE CENTRE *delete delete delete delete*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back